Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lincloln Beach
Not much to report, after getting all the way to PBH and getting the boat ready, oops, no boat keys. Thanks to the wife, we were back in action within a half hour and made it over to Lincoln Beach. Four other boats hanging off the point West of the boat launch. Not sure how they did, but we decided to cover more water and slow troll minnows and worms several different ways with no takers. We left about 1:30, probably just as the bite was about to heat up, but it was great to get out on the water. Couldn't have asked for a calmer couple of hours. Water temp only about 40, so we look forward to better success as the water warms a little.[Sad]
[signature]
Did you try any of the warm springs? My guess thats were the eyes would start to show up first.
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]There are no warm springs. The water in those areas is the same temp as the surrounding lake. Very little flow.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]My personal theory is that we are going to have to relearn whatever it is we think we know about Utah Lake walleye. With deeper and clearer water they may start acting like REAL walleye now. That means that they may not show up in shallow water until they are ready to actually spawn. Nobody has been really getting any fish in the old spots, and with 40 degree water down there, the fish should be moving shallow by now.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]If Mama Nature would give us about three or four days of stable weather, we could get a better read on things.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
We searched from 3 feet to 11 feet and the warmest water we found was 40. It ranged from 38 at the PBH to 40 near Lincoln. The other boats were bunched up by a ledge in about 8.5' of water. Not sure if they did any better, but they sure were bunched up. Don't know the area that well, so not sure where the springs are, but we did not find any significant temp change around that whole area.[Sad]
[signature]
i've been going to LB this whole month..caught only like 7 walleyes...
[signature]
Only 7 eyes all month!!! Man thats 7 more than the majority of the people fishing utah lake.[Tongue]
[signature]