Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can anyone help
I need an old fly pole, I'm looking for the old bamboo style that I can hang on a wall. I figured this would be the best place to start looking. Let me know thanks
[signature]
Well, let me start with, around here it is "Fly Rod" ---- then there is the bait, spinning and ice fishing pole. The best bet is to look a e-bay. May I add that bamboo is wood so by hanging it on the wall could warp it.
[signature]
I have an old Bamboo pole,I'll sell you for $25.00. PM me. I know I will not use it. I believe it has two tips. would be perfect for a wall hanger.
[signature]
Fisrt thing, I'm sorry I didn't mean to offend your magesty with my ignorance and second (ah never mind its not worth it)
[signature]
I'll take it.
Thanks for your response.
I'll send you a P.M.
[signature]
You know the difference between a pole and a rod?

A: $300 bucks [Wink]
[signature]
Sorry, personal joke. My brother in-law will call a Winston a fishing pole. Trying to break him of the habit and I guess it spilled over. Plus my ol' man is always correcting me on my use of words... "Don't want people knowin' you are a spud "[Wink]
[signature]
'salright Joni. It must be hard to keep that elitist attitude in check ALL the time. You'll have to forgive WindKnot. His favorite fly has a little propeller on the front and works best when trailed behind a plastic bubble on a spinning "POLE".
[signature]
Darn shootin' and that lil' ole propler has out fished some of the best.
Rod or pole
Hey d'mack you forgot to mention that propeller was made from the remains of an ice cold PBR
[signature]
I have a couple of old bamboo fly rods that I would be willing to take offers on. No name on them but they are in good shape.
[signature]
You hang a flag from a pole.

You hang a trout from a rod.
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#ff4040]Who cares what it's called....as long as it catches fish![Smile][/#ff4040][/font]
[signature]
Exactly
[signature]
I appreciate the offer but I think I already bought one thanks.
[signature]
Nice try Curtis, at least you didn't get called names, but then again you are not a woman in a man's field (except Joan Wulff). Can't teach an ol' dog................[Wink]
[signature]
Yeah, some people's kids....[Wink]

Just challenge them to a fishing contest and humble them!
[signature]
I have a couple of old bamboo rods but I am sorry they are allready hanging on my wall. Flygoddess is right. They will warp. I have mine (2) crossed on about a 45 degree angle each and supported in several spots. The 45 degree angle (less weight than 90 degrees)and multiple supports have so far not resulted in warpage and they have been hanging for several years. Don't try to put any tension on them like bending them to a fish. They will warp fast. By the way, they look great. Go for it! Good luck!
[signature]
Thanks I'll keep that in mind. Hopefully I will get mine tonight.
[signature]
I just wanted to say thanks again. The Rod was exactly what I was looking for. I will work great. And as for the FlyGodess I hope there are no hard feelings. (all in fun) [Wink]
[signature]
I am glad it will work well,it would have just collected dust with me!
[signature]