Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ice conditions?
I was just wondering if anyone knows how the ice conditions are at Ririe? I am trying to decided if I am going ice fishing on Sat. or hit the river for the first time this year. Any infor would be great. Thanks
Fight4not
[signature]
I would be very sensitive to some weakening ice conditions. My fishing on Ririe this year has been very spotty to say the least. Chasing Koke's mainly. You have to hit it just right or you are just out enjoying the day. I don't think it is as good as last year. Some of the guys fishing for trout seem to be doing a little better.
Welcome to the board Countdown. Where are you from? We look forward to hearing more from you. Fight4Not I have not had a chance to look at the ice conditions, but I would think that they would still be ok this week. You might need a board if it has lifted off its cap. I will be at wrestling tonight and tomorrow. I wish I could go with you. Let us know how it went. Be Careful. I think your biggest problem at this time of year would be the sun. Wear sunscreen or you will get fried.

Good Luck.
Windriver
[signature]
Welcome to the site Countdown, any big kokanee coming out of Ririe this year? I know this launch area in Wyoming called Buckboard, ever been there? WH2
[signature]
COUNTDOWN WELCOME TO THE BOARD AND THANKS FOR THE INFORMATION.

I HAVEN'T BEEN ABLE TO GET OUT FOR A COUPLE OF WEEKS DUE TO WORK SO I WASN'T SURE ON THE CONDITIONS. I KNOW THE KOKE FISHING HAS BEEN SPOTTY. HOPEFULLY THIS SAT I'LL BE ABLE TO CATHC ONE. I HAVEN'T YET THIS YEAR. LAST YEAR WAS COMPLETELY DIFFERENT THERE WAS'NT A SAT THAT I DIDN'T CATCH SOME. OHH WELL. I GUESS I'LL TRY IT ONE MORE TIME BEFORE I CHANGE MY ATTENTION TO THE RIVERS.

FIGHT4NOT.
[signature]
Wiperhunter2

The Kokes I have seen ran from 8-14".

Windriver
[signature]
Hey, thanks for the welcomes to BFT Idaho. Actually, not a new member as such, just a new approach with new 'puter and new season.

BuckBoard