Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Eye threaders
[font "Poor Richard"][green][size 4]Hook eye threaders are rather expensive but for me a worth while necessity. Have trouble seeing those little openings on the water. My problem is that I seem to loose a couple on every trip. Since they cost about $3.50 per copy I thought that there had to be a better alternative. How about $1.25 for two. Sewing stores carry needle threaders that will work just fine.[/size][/green][/font]
[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=14651;]
[signature]
I can go even cheaper than that. I use the wire off an electric tool armetuer. Very fine copper wire and I threat it through my tiny flies still in the vise and then put a knot in the end of the wire when I am done. Can make it all long as I want that way.
[signature]
Dose the wire have a tendency to cut your flyline if it gets pinched?

Trent
[signature]
I haven't notised it cutting, It is the same as those threaders. Just Soooooo much cheaper.[Wink]
[signature]
cool thanks for the tip
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][blue][size 3]Just find some fine wire and thread it through one at a time, sometimes I have to pull the one that is threaded to the side to get the other through. It also helps clean the eyes when I am tying. I thread it right on the vise.[/size][/blue][/font]
[signature]
[font "Poor Richard"][green][size 4]Do you thread every fly that you tie? If so don't the flys have a tendency to get hung up on each other? I still think that those sewing needle threaders would be handy to have on the water. I just punch a hole in the thumb grip, tie on a piece of mono and attach it to my vest. [/size][/green][/font]
[signature]