Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
willard
im not a new member..just made up a new name...fished willard yesterday for crappies and caught 8....harbor was full of people almost
[signature]
[cool]Nice report. This makes me wonder if some of the harbors at Utah Lake also have the crappies coming in right now getting prepared for the spawns...
[signature]
That is good news, someone reported the other day that they were catching wipers in the North marina but I bet it was crappie. They were using that new internet camera at Willard, it must be hard to tell the difference between crappie and wipers when using the camera. WH2
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]They have been catching wipers too, however many of them are last year's plants. I did hear of a school of decent ones that moved in and whacked some Ratltraps for about an hour one afternoon.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
wipers are being caught..only in the marina though..i had 2 on but i was only using 6lb line..it was a fight though..i heard walleyes was biting already out along the west dike alittle before sunset and after..but im not sure
[signature]
Thanks for the report. Do you have any idea what the water temp is? I may have to try a couple of spots up here on Cutler if the water is warm enough.
[signature]
Which Marina were you at, and at what time.....I was at the North Marina in the morning....There were two people on the docks fishing for wipers. No one caught anything, including me. I did see the biggest eagle I've ever seen though. That was worth the ride. Ice is now off and the perch have quit bitting.
[signature]
south had the boat out launched at north...see 4 boats out also
[signature]
Were you in the maroon and aluminum fishing boat?
[signature]
[font "Arial Black"][red][size 3] Am I understanding you guys correctly , that Willard is ice free? How many of you have put your boats in lately. [/size][/red][/font]
[font "Arial Black"][#ff0000][size 3] You guys are killing me with this info, I have cabin fever so bad I can't stand it.[/size][/#ff0000][/font]
[font "Arial Black"][#ff0000][size 3][/size][/#ff0000][/font]
[font "Arial Black"][#ff0000][size 3]AFDan52[/size][/#ff0000][/font]
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]The lake cam for Willard Bay is working again. If you check it, you will see open water and boats launching.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[url "http://www.utahlakeview.com/lake_willard.html"]http://www.utahlakeview.com/lake_willard.html[/url]
[signature]
[font "Arial Black"][red][size 3] Thanks Doc Pat, that's exactly what I was needing. I'm feeling better already.[/size][/red][/font]
[font "Arial Black"][#ff0000][size 3][/size][/#ff0000][/font]
[font "Arial Black"][#ff0000][size 3]AFDan52[/size][/#ff0000][/font]
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Prescription: Take lots of cold water, preferably from within your boat. Make lots of casts and don't call me in the morning. I will be making "fish calls".[/#0000ff]
[signature]
When I click on the web address all I get is a blank screen with "Willard Bay" at the top. What do I need to do to get the picture?
[signature]
I'm not sure when you checked it last but if it was after dark, you might want to wait until the sun comes up.[Wink]
[signature]
You need to make sure you have Sun Microsystems Java installed and configured. Your browser will usually launch some kind of plugin alert if not installed yet. It's free, and trustworthy, so no worries there.
[signature]
Welcome the BFT Doc! I just checked the web cam for Willard and I could see the docks just fine. Your firewall or security settings on your computer may be blocking the Java scripting, that or someone had the cam pointed into the night sky. You might try some of the other lake web cams and see if any of them are working for you. The link you looked at will take you direct to Willard. Try this link and then click on Jordanelle and see if that works for you. (Wait until dawn before trying it) [url "http://www.utahlakeview.com/"]http://www.utahlakeview.com/[/url] If not you are blocking it somehow or you need to install it as TheeKillerBee indicated.
Again welcome to the site!
[signature]
I had the same problem earlier tonight, I think the camera was acting up. (don't worry, you're not crazy[Tongue])
[signature]
went this mornibg with my daughter, what a nice morning , water was only 40 deg, no walleye but she did catch a nice wiper for dinner.
[signature]
Any guesses when Willard will be in the 43-45 deg. range?
[signature]