Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Daniels Ice Conditions
Thinking of hitting Daniels this weekend. Any information on the ice and edges? Or should I plan on bringing the fly pole? Thanks in advance.
[signature]
I haven't heard much from Daniels as of late. You might also put a post on the Idaho board. Some of those folks reported earlier in Feb. about Daniels.
[signature]
Daniels had great ice last Saturday. Over 20" thick with a 4" packed snow cover. The edges were a little soft, so a plank may be worth taking to get on and off of the ice. The ice was not the problem. This time of year the fish get very lethargic due to low oxygen in the water due to all the ice. The fish were there but not very active. Good luck if you go.
[signature]
DSK, did you catch any fish at all last Saturday?
[signature]
My son and 2 of his boys went. We did catch 6 nice big Bows that were about 19" to 20". We found the bite to be very light and you had to be holding your rod to catch them. With 2 boys under 6 years old, it was hard to stay on task, so we did miss a few.
There were more people there than I have ever seen before. The word is out about Daniels. It was a city and ATV's every where. We finally moved away from the city and closer to the dam over on the far West side and had a lot better fishing.
[signature]
Thanks DKS, I did Hyrum Saturday and found about the same results, that being the bite was really light. I did get there late but even at about sunset it did not change much.
[signature]
JAB, did you ever make it to Daniels? If so, how was it?
[signature]