Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bear Lake
I drove past the lake the other day and it looks as if the ice is pretty dangerous. I noticed 2 vehicles parked at the Rockpile.

To me, the ice is un-safe??? Have any of you fished there today??

A appreciate the help.
[signature]
cadresults, LABSRULE posted earlier today about his trip Thursday. He got on the ice (did not say where) and got some fish. In his report he indicated that the ice was bad in places around the lake.
[signature]
thanks, I did see his reply. however, I was wondering if anyone was fishing today. Thanks again
[signature]
My son and I fished the rockpile Saturday. Most of the lake is open water with the edges iced up. We were in 4-6 inches of solid ice but it will not last long. I decided sunday morning that I had better not risk going out because the W had come up and it was warm all weekend. I think that we will be boating it real soon. My neighbor came back saturday with his boat in tow. I think he may have been able to launch on the east shore but not sure about that.

Oh yea...we caught 5 whites and one sucker in a couple hours.
[signature]
Thanks for your report. Was it windy at all Sat? It sure was in Cache Valley, I thought then that the ice on the Big Blue would be long gone.
[signature]
Yea it was very windy. Ran me and the boy off earlier than we wanted to. Should have brought the ice tent.

We didn't go out Sunday...I think we would have been pushing our luck. You could stand on one side of a crack and reach your foot over to the other and move the sheet of ice up and down. Pretty scary!!!!!!!!!!!!
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]We were out there Sunday and the ice and the weather were great. the ice thickness was 7"-8". We had snowmobiles on it. We had our doubts driving in though. It looked like open water and all the ice had broke up. Too bad the fishing sucked. One 5 lb mack and a few missed hits in 53 ft of water. I'm sure that was my last weekend on the Bear for ice fishing. I'm glad the opportunity made itself available this year though![/size][/black][/font]
[signature]
At least you got one but it sounds like it was a long time between fish. No 10 lbers for MJB this week, at least it was a nice day. Did you guys get a chance to talk about the tournament, give him some pointers?
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Glad you got some cherished hard deck time on the blue pond this year. Good way to start the fishing year.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Also glad we didn't have to read about a snowmobile-sized hole in the ice and a floating cigar butt.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
[reply]
[size 1]Did you guys get a chance to talk about the tournament, give him some pointers? [/size]
[/quote]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]Nope, not a word was mentioned. Besides, I would hate to tell or influence a guy on how he wants to run his show. I'm sure he's got his ideas how he plans to set up his tourney. If he needs my help, He just needs to ask. I'd be glad to help.[/size][/black][/font]
[signature]
I am getting things pieced together. I don't want to get into a big disscusion about it at this time. Another 3 weeks and I will be diving into it head first. I have a couple guys who have commited them selves to help out this year. The opportunity will come up soon for anyone to offer any ideas and/or help out with the contest. Any ideas or help will be greatly appreciated.
[signature]
[red][size 3]We knew the ice wouldnt last long. I think the Nat and I might hit Jordanelle and possibly The Berry this weekend. We need more perch and another chance to prove to her there is fish in Strawberry.[/size][/red]
[signature]
Sorry Mike, I'm not in a hurry. When I heard you and Rich went up to the big blue, I just though the topic might have come up.
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]Troublemaker....[/size][/black][/font]
[signature]
LOL, yep I'm a troublemaker[Wink]
[signature]
No need to apologise. I'm just not ready to get into a disscusion about it.
[signature]