Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
On the subject of Bow mount motors
[font "Arial Black"][red][size 3] Since we are on the subject of bow mount motors, I was wondering how to judge the amount of power one should consider. I'm not buying for a little while but want to get all of the info I can in advance. But I will be watching for some good deals.[/size][/red][/font]
[font "Arial Black"][#ff0000][size 3][/size][/#ff0000][/font]
[font "Arial Black"][#ff0000][size 3]AFDan52[/size][/#ff0000][/font]
[signature]
Hey there Dan, I will say, buy as much power as you can afford. It also depends on what battery system you will be using, 12, 24 or 36. The more batteries you run the more thrust you can obtain and the longer the batteries will last, unless you are running them at full speed all the time. If you are running only one battery try to get at least 38 lbs of thrust. Good luck no matter what you choose.
[signature]
Hey Dan, I believe that Cabelas has a video on their website that explains how much thrust you need. It explains weight vs length = thrust. The more you can afford the better off you will be in my opinion. But I stuck a 6 hp on the back of the sea ray. can you say slow troll.
[signature]
Just don't mention Motorguide, we don't want to get Tomegun all fired up again[cool]
[signature]
Road .... Dude ... I love the fish fight! lmao!
[signature]
Glad you like it.
[signature]
my neighbor has a23 ft tropy and put a 110 pd thrust on it it has to do with how many pd for the weight of your boat i forgot the formula.but im going to stop and ask him cause i want one ,of them wireless units i tried to find them on the web but im not finding the big wireless ones just the ones to 65 pd
[signature]
A good rule of thumb is 2 to 2.5 lbs thrust for each 100 lbs of boat. Don't forget to include gear and people.
[signature]