Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BEAR LAKE CONDITIONS, Tuesday, MAR. 7th
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]Updated Tuesday afternoon, March 7th
Bear Lake has approximately 80% open water at this time. As of today there was still some fishable ice off the Ideal Beach (rockpile) area and some ice anglers were still fishing on it, but for the most part the ice is rotten and should not be considered safe for fishing. There is still ice froze out off the western shoreline in some places out 100 yards off shore before you hit open water. Again this ice is not safe for fishing on. On the eastern shore there is no ice frozen to the shore but rather just sheets and chunks of ice drifting around. You may be able to launch boats at the Cisco Beach boat ramp, but this is subject to change depending on whether wind shelves up ice along the shoreline at the boat ramp. As of this morning you could easily launch a boat at Cisco Beach. The State Park will not put the courtesy dock in the water at Cisco Beach until all ice is off the lake, so if you do plan to fish from a boat, be cautious when launching without the aid of a dock. Also, be careful while in your boat and under power since ice sheets/chunks are difficult to see and can damage your boat and/or motor. Fishing reports will resume when the lake becomes fishable from a boat[/size][/black][/font]
[signature]
Scott, is there any chance we could get them to turn on the bubblers in the marina? I would think that this would help break up the marina quicker. Maybe I'm wrong. what do you think?

Bodine
[signature]
I asked that a few days ago. The response I received is that their rescue boat is down in SLC being serviced and they do not have a rescue boat right now. Also, there is about 100 yards of ice still frozen out off the marina. They said as soon as the ice is gone they will put the deicers on to thaw the marina. I think it will only take 1-2 days max. to get it thawed enough to launch boats. However, the weatherman says it is supposed to get cold from Wed-next Tues. so maybe we'll be ice fishing again? LOL
Scott
[signature]
Thanks Scott, it is driving me crazy waiting to get the boat out again.[crazy]

bodine
[signature]