Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bar tap
One eyed jack was nice enough to help me with some Cornelius kegs, Now I was hoping some one out there might have a bar mount tap for sale. Let me know
Thanks
[signature]
WindKnot, these guys have a good price on alot of the stuff you will need. http://www.beveragefactory.com/

Ebay and craigslist would be good places to look as well.
[signature]
Thanks that will help a ton.
[signature]
Does anyone know how long a keg will stay carbonated for after being tapped? Is it best to leave it pressured by pumping the keg, or should the pressure be released?

Sorry about highjacking your thread, but I recently got a tin and I also need a tap. Was wondering if it was worth filling the keg even if I can't finish it for a few weeks.

Thanks for any info.
[signature]
The tap your talking about it used as a dispensing preasure, fill the area with air and liquid will come out. That method with properly chilled beverage will only last a couple days, 4 tops in the perfect conditions. I would reccomend a C02 system and an old fridge with some holes drilled. The beverage that way would last a month or two (like it would last that long). The biggest reason the college tap wont work is it introduces oxygen to the product and actually breaks it down, the same principle that happens to a 2 liter soda bottle when opened. The C02 method replaces c02 with c02 making it so the product will not break down. The other aspect is keeping the beverage at the correct temperature. If it is not then the product will breakdown even quicker. This goes for any beverage, c02 or not. You need to keep it cool for the full life otherwise it will taste like crap.
[signature]
If I were you I would call a local place in SLC, like Rays Music, bar and tavern gaming and supply...I dunno if they do taps and such but Robbie there knows alot of the guys that would hes been in the industry for years. tell him chris winter sent you he will know who I am. 801-466-9424 address 2019 south main street slc, ut 84115.

I do have a buddy that ordered a tap kit over the net that he "installed" in the side of his garage frdge, he can fit a keg into the fridge and have the tap hooked up on the side of the unit and you just walk up and give the ol yellow box a hug every time you fill a glass. its the best thing I have ever seen, be prepared for many buddies all the time. I would charge a door fee. to cover the beer run expenses. his wife is always on one when the "boys" come to watch the game and end up standing in the heated garage chatting it up around the coolest freind we all have in common....that old yellow fridge.
[signature]
No apology needed. And these guys are correct, more than a few days in a normal keg you can pretty much kiss it good bye. (extremely bitter beer). I don't drink alot maybe 1 or 2 a day thats why I start brewing my own. The Corny kegs are feed with co2 so they last a couple months easy. And theres nothin like a Ice cold Draft. (A fifty inch muskie runs close second) [sly]
[signature]
Sam's club has a pretty cool setup on their website. Everything but the keg in a fridge for about $400. Kinda pricey, but if I had the room for it that's probably what I would do.
[signature]
Hey mateo!!

You may not know it but I'm a fiddle player too!

No really, both myself and Windknot have you to thank for discovering the bliss of "brewing your own".

I traded you something or another for some homebrew once and after tasting it I just had to try it myself and if I try something new windknot usually does too.
[signature]
Hey Dave. Glad to hear you guys are brewing too. I haven't used my casting net yet, but hopefully this year I'll make it out somewhere. I'll have to drink a couple of homebrews and see how straight I can cast.
[signature]
So your the one that got us started. I think my wife wants to have a talk with you.[shocked]. I think she says this little habit has cost close to $1000 so far. Maybe one of these days we will have to have a BBQ and try out some of each others best.

(P.S hey D-mack I'm still thinking of changing my user name to KBD what do you think)[sly][sly][sly]
[signature]
Guilty. Homebrewing is contagious. Unfortunately I'm going through a temporary remission, and haven't brewed much lately. Once I get a little more time I'll make some more. It's definitely one of the more rewarding hobbies I've done.
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]RipNlips is an outstanding brewer also. The guy takes it to the next level. He's got the kegs and tap handles hooked up on a frig too. Being his neighbor across the street, I say it's one of his more rewarding hobbies too! LOL![/size][/black][/font]
[signature]
I am an all-grain brewer. No extract. It takes a bit more time to crack and mash my own malt, but IMHO the end product is considerably better then if extract is used.

I currently have a two keg system. I have another used keg but no tap. I just haven't taken the time to refurbish and set up the third keg yet. I buy wall mount taps with a shank to go through the refrigerator door. Taps with all stainless parts are best but they're also the most expensive.

I like and brew all kinds of beer styles, but my go-to recipes are for an American Pale Ale and an American Amber Ale.
[signature]
Question, I have set up my system, I transfered my beer from my secondary to my corni and pressurized it up to 12 psi, its been three days and still no carbination. Any ideas? I did try to rock the keg but still no good.
[signature]
I've never force carbonated my beer, but I thought that was supposed to be pretty much instantaneous.
[signature]
It took three days but it finally carbonated (it was worth the wait) I called the beer nut and they say it can take up to 5 days under certain conditions
[signature]
That's good to know for future reference. Thanks man.
[signature]
The beer needs to get cold first before much CO2 will diffuse into it. After it gets cold CO2 will start diffusing into it. The more pressure the faster it will get carbonated. I carbonate at 20 PSI if I'm being impatient. However, you need to keep close tabs on it at that pressure or you'll end up with over carbonated beer. After it's conditioned (carbonated) to the level you like, knock the pressure down to dispensing pressure. It's better to allow the keg to carbonate slowly if you're not in a rush. There's an art to balancing a beverage system. See [url "http://hbd.org/clubs/franklin/public_html/docs/balance.html"]http://hbd.org/clubs/franklin/public_html/docs/balance.html[/url] for one of many articles on the subject.
[signature]