Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tide Change Fish San Clemente Island
New owner John Jordan took 20 anglers to the island today for some pretty good calico bass fishing. Tough to get the live squid still chewed the fresh dead fish near the kelp. They also had 75 sheephead and over 100 blue pearch. We hooked 5 or 6 yellowtail all on the iron in deeper water. But none made it to the boat. He turned around and headed out tonight with only 10 anglers with 100 lbs. of squid just in case we couldn't make any live squid. All the fish were hooked on the yoyo and the conditions were perfect. John and his crew will be running to the island every Fri and Sat night @ 9 p.m. for $90. Call Long Beach Sport Fishing for todays fish count at (562)432-8993. Come get in on the action with these lite loads. Heading to Vegas for the AWR show talk to you when I get back. See YA!
[signature]
[cool]Too bad about losing the YT.

40# gear. Don't leave home without it! [Wink]

Fishslayer
[signature]
Last time I fished with John Jordan was I believe in November and we slayed albackore. Great Captain, Great Crew.

Clemente should explode with yellows any day now. Not a bad time like Fishslayer said to fish the 40# with high speed gear off the bottom.

Get some of the Glow jigs or the glow powder or paint. I will post our Glow powder hook-up once I lock it down.

Good luck today Fishslayer, I know your probably boarding the Pac Voyager as I write. Im big time jealous.

[/code]

The Big Belly Brotherhood just got back from a 2 day and found some yellows and a good assortment of Lings and other Rock fish.
[signature]