Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fly Tying Expo
I am getting ready for the Expo in Idaho Falls in April and trying to come up with some nice displays for some of my flies. So here is my Mothra and Stonefly:[Image: stoneflyandmoth.jpg]
[signature]
[font "Poor Richard"][green][size 4]Nicely done. I did a double take for I thought that these were the real McCoys. Nice macro shot too.[/size][/green][/font]
[signature]
What camera are you using for the macro picture. I cannot get mine to take pictures like that. I think I'm in need of a new camera or a better operator.
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 4]I use a Pentax Optio S4i, but I have to use a tripod. And the little flower up in the corner. LOL[/size][/black][/font]
[signature]
Thanks for the quick reply. I thought I was the only late nighter. How much does the Pentax run price wise? I need to get one for the upcoming season. The camera I had did well but the pictures didn't blow up nearly as nice as I want. You may have seen them at the booth this year. I was busy talking as usual when you all came up to the booth talking with Bill.

I also noticed that you mentioned buying a TFO rod. If you need a great outfit to buy one from I know one Smile) We sell them.

thanks again for the info
[signature]
I have to share the Computer with my ol' man so when he goes to bed I get to play.
The camera cost around $400. and I bought it last year while still at Orvis. They have another one with the same features that I bought but, it is water resistant (you can submerge and take a picture if you can do it fast and not too deep) and it is the 45WR same price. Got that one for the ol' man cause he goes swimming way too often in the river[Wink]
Had a great time with you guys and hope we can meet up this spring and summer and of course fall.
Joni
[signature]
Show off! j/k. very nice flies. i wouldnt worry about your displays i think they will atract enuf attention.
[signature]
Thanks....and thanks.......[cool]
[signature]