Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard Report
Bearclaw and i decided to hit willard this morng. launched at the north marina at 9:30am fished the marina for awhile and got a couple of hits on some R&D lures. then went trolling out of the marina and trolled all over the lake trying various lureswith no sucess. i put on one of my home made lures and bam got a 20in wiper so bearclaw stole one and withing 10 min he had one on we ended up getting 6 wipers and 2 wallies for the day trolling 2.6mph water temp was 37* 4 of the wipers where over 20in. got off the water about 2:30pm. will get pic posted later
[inline Attachment.jpg]
[signature]
punk!!!!!
[signature]
sound like you had a good day considering how cold it was.
thanks for sharing Jason.
[signature]
[font "Arial Black"][red][size 3] Hey Petty, man who got the new ride you or the wife? i owe you an aplogy for not speaking to you at wally world yesterday, I didn't realize it was you until I saw you drive by in your new truck.[/size][/red][/font]
[font "Arial Black"][#ff0000][size 3] Glad you guys had a good time on the water. Now I have to listen to Bearclaw rub it in because I didn't go with him, way to go buddy. LOL[/size][/#ff0000][/font]
[font "Arial Black"][#ff0000][size 3][/size][/#ff0000][/font]
[font "Arial Black"][#ff0000][size 3]AFDan52[/size][/#ff0000][/font]
[font "Arial Black"][#ff0000][size 3][/size][/#ff0000][/font]
[signature]
hey dan, the new ride is the wifes 4 days a week and i get it on the weekend. i cant afford to put gas in it running to salt lake 4 times aweek. we used it today to pull chads boat. i didnt realize it was you at wally yester day till you walked away from me in the fishing section[Tongue]
[signature]
Way to go on the fishing . I bet i seen you on the camera at launch because I was watching the eagles about then .
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#ff4040]Way to go on the wipers! Looks like some good sized ones. Do you by chance have any pics of the wallys?[/#ff4040][/font]
[signature]
Strong way to start off the boating/fishing season Jason! I'll bet it was fun to get into some early season wipers and eyes.
[signature]
[font "Tw Cen MT"][#002850][size 3]Dang guys,[/size][/#002850][/font]
[font "Tw Cen MT"][size 3][/size][/font][#002850] [/#002850]
[font "Tw Cen MT"][#002850][size 3]I am way impressed for this early in the year. Way to go![/size][/#002850][/font]
[signature]
"[size 1]i put on one of my home made lures" I thought fishing with dynamite was illegal!!! Just Kidding Jason, thats cool that you found some hungry fish. We'll have to get again real soon. I would like to check out your new boat.[/size]
[size 1][/size]
[signature]

I would like to catch some of those wipers this year.
When post the pictures of the fish, maybe you could show the lure you used
[signature]
WAY TO GO PETTY! You are off to a great start. Just wondering was it the lures, the boat driver or the boat that was trained by the previous owner that got you over the fish. LOL.
[signature]
[signature]
bearclaw bought his boat new.
[signature]
[cool]Nice report, Jason! Any size to those 'eyes?
[signature]
Yes I to would like to see a picture of this hand made lure but if not I under stand. Thanks for the great post....[Wink]
I'm coming over one night this week Jasion and we're gonna whip up a bunch of those buggers, thats for sure!!!!
[signature]
Way to go Jason, sounds like you found a hot lure early in the season. That is hard to do so early in the season, write down every thing you were doing, that info might come in handy later or even early next year.[Smile]
[signature]
That info might even be useful right here[Wink]. Atleast show us a pic of the lure, the suspense is killin' me!
[signature]
nice work guys. but im wondering what size the eyes were? and why they wernt in the photo? i know you didnt put eyes back and just keep the wipers. or did ya pick up the eyes after photos? also how deep were you guys trolling the lures? as far as sharing the hot lure i wont even go there, just need to now the depth of the players. this way i just have to find a good bait not try every bait at every depth. just every lure at the right depth. thanx petty.
[signature]
not sure what depth the lure was at. i can tell you this 3/4oz lure at 2.5-2.9mph it was probly close to the bottom. yes we put the eyes back we figured with the spawn coming it was best to turn them loose. besides we had 6 wipers for the dinner table.
[signature]