Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Straw very burry
Fished Strawbery today with Luvs2atv and MGB I think is was about 8 degrees when we got ther at 6:15 this morning. fishing was slow but steady most of the day. I caught 3 Luvs2atv caught 4 I would Guess MGB somewhere around 12-15. The wind was bad today I dont know how MGB could sit out in the cold with no shelter. I thanked my wife again when I got home for the new traveler ice shelter she gave me for Christmas.
[signature]
Hey bud! This is Uinta Ice, Lightfoot, and deYoungFisherman. We fished near you this morning and got a chance to meet you. Thanks for coming over, despite the frigid air.
You guys did better than we did. Saw more fish than would bite for us, had a few bites, but only put one on the ice.
We plan to go back a few more times before ice-off. And the way things are going, that could be late April!
Nice to have met you FishnPro40!
Brad
[signature]
Tuff fishing for sure. You have to watch the finder at all times and be ready for the light tap, you don't get too many second chances if you miss. The ice/snow keeps getting thicker I had to take the handles all the way to the snow then push into the snow a couple inches before the auger broke threw. No signs of the ice starting to soften.
[signature]
[font "Arial Black"][red][size 3] Hey there fishnpro40 long time no see, man I got to tell you, you guys are my heros to brave that cold anymore. I am at the point that either the cold doesn't like me or I don't like it.[/size][/red][/font]
[font "Arial Black"][#ff0000][size 3][/size][/#ff0000][/font]
[font "Arial Black"][#ff0000][size 3]AFDan52[/size][/#ff0000][/font]
[signature]
That wind at the Berry really bites thru your skin and if you don't have a shelter your one sorry fella! where did you guys fish at?
[signature]
Sounds like a rough day Mike and company. At least you guys got to go out fishin' though. I need to get back to the berry soon.
[signature]
Thanks again Mike for a good day, and thanks to MGB for the use of your sonar. The ticket was the camera, I'ld set the hook watching the fish on camera before they even decided for sure the jig was really what they wanted. MGB, I want you to know that I'm nominating you on 1320KFAN for the "Great American Bad**s" contest. Anyone who can sit out there in that wind with it snowing sideways, is my hero!

Bryan

Don't know why it posted under Cody's name.
[signature]
I would rather spend 7 hours sitting on a chair on top of 24" of ice, with the snow blowing horizontal, in 18 degree (minus the wind chill), picking the ice off the guides on my pole,picking the ice off my line, scraping the ice off the top of the hole, catching a fish every half hour than being home getting yelled at by my wife.

It really wasn't too bad. It was the second coldest day I have experienced this year while ice fishing. The coldest was Febuary 18th at Rock Port when the temp was -9 in the morning and warmed up to 11, that day I fish from sun up to sun down with no shelter and had 1 bite and caught one fish all day.
[signature]
Quote...."[size 1]I would rather spend 7 hours sitting on a chair on top of 24" of ice, with the snow blowing horizontal, in 18 degree (minus the wind chill), picking the ice off the guides on my pole,picking the ice off my line, scraping the ice off the top of the hole, catching a fish every half hour than being home getting yelled at by my wife." [/size]

Hey, I resemble that remark! LOL How true that can be!!!!

I've had 3 days this year at the Berry that started at -20 deg or less and two of those days it was still in the negative numbers when we left before noon. HOWEVER....there was no wind on those days and no snow falling/blowing so it was tolerable. I would rather have -20 and no wind than 10 deg with a 10-15 MPH wind. The wind makes it not much fun in a hurry! Did you guys fish the marina or mosquito bay or elsewhere??
[signature]
We fished the marina area. It was so cold it took an hour on the way home before my soda thawed so I could drink it. I had to keep the bait in my pocket so it wouldn't freeze. I started to feel alittle sick last night but felt fine this morning.
[signature]
[signature]
I love slushy soda but frozen solid is a little bit extreme! My last 3-4 trips we saw a lot of fish that were not interested in biting. Did you see a lot this time? Did you have better luck with minnows or using something else (something you didn't want frozen??????)...I like my minnows to stay frozen.....Mealy/waxeys don't do so well frozen.... I'm hoping to get out again on tuesday.
[signature]
I had a lot of fish come by look at my offerings and leave.

I like the minnows frozen also, it makes cutting them into the right sizes and going a good job easier but Saturday they where frozen so hard they would break and it was hard to get the hook threw them. I kept switching from minnows to mealworm and back again but could not see any difference in catching fish. The wax worms didn't survive I am not sure if they died from Saturdays freeze or if they died during last week in my fridge.
[signature]
MGB - It sounds too as if you were seeing more fish than we were. In spurts, we'd have a few come through on the finders. But overall it was pretty quiet, and fish we did see weren't too apt to give us a chance.
We figure we'll be able to visit the Berry with an auger until April, the way things are going!
Have a good one,
[signature]
True...so true. I got one fish while I was up there, but like you said it's still better then work or being yelled at by the other boss.
[signature]