Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ririe-The Kokes cooperate!!!
I finally connected with the Kokes. Went on a quick trip last night with my son. We walked out close to our usual trout holes and tried to fish for Kokes in a little deeper water. We caught 4 Kokes in our deeper holes and then a huge school came through the trout holes. We limitted out in a matter of minutes. We also caught four cutts and three nice perch last night. It was a fun night to go on a quick trip and the moon light on the ice just finished off a great evening. The ice was still good last night, but I would be carefull and check it carefully on a day to day basis.

Good Luck
Windriver
[signature]
Great news! May I ask what you were using for bait?
[signature]
I was using 1/32oz paddle bugs in chartruse and pink tipped with a mealworm, head pulled off of course. The fish were 10-15ft below the ice.

Windriver
[signature]
Those kokanee are a blast to catch but it seems like the big schools come through few and far between. It sure is nice when the do come through, very exciting while it last. Thanks for the report. WH2
[signature]
Well I went out last night to try my luck at the koke. My luck wasn't as good as windriver's. I got there about 2 and fished until 6:30. About a half an hour after we set up the koke came through. They were so shallow. We are talking 2-6 feet under the ice. We caught two that round and then nothing else the whole night. They did come around another two times but we couldn't land any of them. We did get about 7 trout all really nice sized. It was still really fun because the fishing was consitant enough to keep us interested. Thanks for the info bsflies and windriver. The ice was still really good last night. I might give it one more time this week. Good luck to all

Fight4not
[signature]