Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sand Hollow
Just a couple of pics from last weeks trip, water temp only 48 degrees and windy very windy
[signature]
Hey Waresm, I'm creating a Utah Fishing Info website ([url "http://fishinginfo.atspace.com"]http://fishinginfo.atspace.com[/url]). Would you mind if I used those pictures for the Sand Hollow page?

Thanks,

Kevin
[signature]
Nice to see some reports from down south! Looks like a couple of really nice bass. Thanks for sharing.
[signature]
Great pics, thanks for sharing. I'm heading down south this next weekend, I sure hope the weather gets better. I think I'll be going to quail instead of sand hollow. How many bass did you guys end up with and what was the best technique for catching? Thanks for any info.
[signature]
I don't know much about Sand Hollow. What other types of fish are there in besides largemout bass?
[signature]
BAit! [Tongue]

[signature]
[cool] I like it!!!! Would the "BAIT" be the usual types such as perch, trout, bluegill, green sunfish, and crappie?
[signature]
Only bluegill and largemouth bass are in Sand Hollow, Quial was very slow fishing according to the locals. Dark colors seem to work best the fish were not to picky just had to find them we caught around 2 dozen total. Good Luck
[signature]
Thanks for the info!
[signature]
Wouldn't it be possible that there are also Rainbow Trout and Black Crappie in Sand Hollow as well? Since there is a pipeline between it and Quail Creek that pipes water between the two, and Quail Creek has those two species?
[signature]
No only bass and blues now.....
[signature]
[reply]
No only bass and blues now.....[/reply]

Not true. Small mouth bass have already been found in Sand Hollow as well as Quail Creek.

With the pipeline between the two, whatever is in the one can potentially be in the other.
[signature]
Smallmouth? In Sand Hollow? Are you sure? That blows me away, I know DWR would'nt put them there. Where would they come from besides Newcastle or Enterprise? Even better, WHY?
[signature]
You are correct. The DWR did NOT put them there. Why would someone put them in there? Good question. Why would anyone want to transplant fish (like black crappie in Quail)? The mentality of bucket biologists is one that will make me scratch my head for a long time...

I believe they were found first in Quail Creek. I honestly don't know yet how many, and to what extent they have been found.
[signature]