Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
willard bay crappie, dock side, nailen 'em
useing the camera, i have seen the same guy up at willard for the past 5 days straight fishing the docks. rain or shine. he is a heavy set fellow who likes to wear a camo jacket (but with todays rain, he is in a blue poncho) and is usually sitting on a 5 gal bucket. if you see him on the camera, keep an eye on him, he is about to catch another fish. he vertical jiggs 2 poles right under the dock with great success. i don't know if it's the time of year or his fishing skills, but this dude nails 'em. his stringer is packed every time i see him put another fish on it. this dude leaves with full bags every day. i would love to find time to run out and meet up with him cuz he sure knows how to catch 'em. check him out. laters
[signature]
Thanks for the info. Would you please share where is the dock? North marina or south marina? I like to go there fishing for my first time.
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]These are the docks on the south side of the north marina. The south marina is still closed until some time in April.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
Thanks, TubeDude. After getting out at exit 360, I hope it is not difficult to find the marina. Is it in state park, access fee? Is it the time of year to catch crapie and wiper from the shore? I am planning the first trip.
[signature]
[#0000ff]It is a state park and I think the daily rate is up to about $9, if you do not have an annual pass.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Not sure of the exit, but it is the one after you see the lake on your left, while going north on I-15. After you go through the toll booth gate, continue straight. All of the beaches and camping areas are well signed, as is the marina. If you want to fish off the docks, stay left and go around the marina, turning right as you pass the eastern edge of the water. You can park in the parking lot and one of the sets of docks leaves the gate open for anglers to fish from the docks.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]This is getting to be the prime time for crappies, and there will be a lot of them inside the marina for the next couple of months. A lot of guys do well by fishing from around the shore, casting a small jig about 3 or 4 feet under a small bobber and then moving it very slowly back toward shore. You do not have to cast far, since most of the fish will be holding fairly shallow, usually around stickups or other structure. Once you catch one, there are usually more in the area.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]The water is still cold and the fish are not very active. You almost have to use ice fishing techniques, with small jigs tipped with waxworm or mealworms. The bites are light so a bite indicator or small bobber helps.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]You can also catch both wipers and walleyes both inside the bay and around the rocks. They are also a lot slower this time of year, in this cold water, so fish smaller plastics and fish them slower than you would in warmer water. The fish will also hit minnows, cut bait or crawlers either soaked on the bottom or under a bobber. The corky rig, popular in Utah Lake, is also a good way to feed minnows to Willard fish.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Good luck if you go, and post a report. [/#0000ff]
[signature]
I am having problems viewing at work,It looks like is going to connect to the cam and then disconnects me,I try again and I get no picture to load at all,any info would be great thanks.
FNF[cool]
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]They have had problems with the Willard Bay camera, off and on. [/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]The other possibility is the settings on the company firewall. Some firms are taking no chances with all the garbage on the Internet these days and setting their rejection levels up so high that some things can't get through.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Other than that...have you checked your deodorant?[/#0000ff]
[signature]
oh cnture old tuber dude. s marina has been open for about a week. would be a great place to wet your fins.[sly]
[signature]
Hi can you tell me what the web address is for the willard cam
Thanks BFD fishin
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Hey, that's good news. Last time I stopped by to check the sign said closed until April. [/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]I prefer to dunk my donut in the South. Actually, I gave up on donuts a long time ago. Now I float my Super Fat Cat...not referring to TubeBabe either.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
www.utahlakeview.com
[signature]
Oh, Pat, thats funny!!! Hope your Tube/Toon is comfy enough for sleep because if she sees that, the bed is off limits... HA HA HA....
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Careful now, this is a family forum.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Anyways, I always heard that the easiest way for a guy to give up...you know...is to get married.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Guess what I get for dinner tonight? Hot Tongue and cold shoulder.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
The south marina was open last weekend. I tubed it and the mouth of the channel for about two hours with no success. I talked to Smokercraft and he had the same luck. Two boats launched while I was there.
[signature]
I did go to the north marina for my first trip. I saw a couple of guys and they didn't have any luck in the afternoon. They said there were a few fish in the morning. Most of fishermen live close to the lake, well, it took me 50 miles to get there. I am waiting for warm weather to try it again.
[signature]
thanx 4 sharing info.i gonna head out there this sat probably in the a.m.
[signature]