Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ice Conditions
I am thinking of hitting Ririe tomorrow and I was wondering if anyone knew if the ice is still ok on Ririe?
Thanks

Fight4not
[signature]
Did you end up going? I would imagine that the ice would have been fine. The night time temperatures are still getting cold enough to keep the ice frozen. The the forcast for this week looks like a lot of the same. 45s during the day and 20s at night.

Windriver
[signature]
I haven't heard anything about Ririe but I would think that windriver has a good guess. The ice has come off American Falls. I haven't have time to go fishing the last couple weeks. Hopefully I be able to get out sometime this week.
[signature]
I just talked to Bsflies who talked to someone who said that it was very good on Saturday. Sounds like a wifes cousins, boyfriends, uncle story huh[cool]

Windriver
[signature]
Well I fished Ririe on Sat and this morning the ice is still pretty good. On Saturday I got there a little too late and left a little too early. I got there about 11:30 and fished until 3:00. I got one koke the first few minutes I was there and then just had some hits but no takers. Today was different. I got there about 9:45 and got in to fish almost the whole time I was there. Four of us that were near each other all got our limits. It was really great. A guy next to me also got about 8 nice perch. I think I am going to have to go out a couple more times before the end of the month.

Fight4not
[signature]
Thanks for the report. I sound like you did pretty well the second day. How was the ice holding up? Did you get any bigger kokes?
[signature]
My son-in-law and I drove over to Ririe and fished Monday evening for about an hour and a half. We got several hits when the kokes came thru, but did not land any. The ice is over a foot deep and will be good for another week - probably until the season ends on April 1 there.

Remember that the season always closes on the last day of March and then reopens on May 1st. Do not fish Ririe during April!!!!! You will pay dearly for it.

Bill
[signature]
Thanks for the reminder on the date. I think I will try to hit it Friday after work for a couple of hours. I keep saying that my ice fishing days are over for the year, but hey if the ice is still there maybe I will hit it one more time.

Windriver
[signature]
Well I'll tell you what, the fish seem to like to be caught in the mornings because I tried it today in the evening and there was nothing going. I got a few good hits and caught a sucker but nothing else. I could see big schools of what I believe were koke on the fish finder, but they weren't interested. It's so wierd how one day it can be awesome and the next dead.

Thanks for the info on the close date. I thought that and told a few guys out there on Ririe yesterday and they had no clue. They didn't really believe me. I do have a question on the close date. Can you fish the day of the 31st or is the last day of fishing on the 30th?

Fight4not
[signature]
You can fish on the 31st. Check out page 59 of the regs.
[signature]