Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Farmington Pond?
Anybody the condition of Farmington? I like taking my boy up there because its close and easy to pull trout out of often enough to keep him occupied.
[signature]
I understand that the city of Farmington allowed access this winter (they usually close access for the winter). From the DWR site:

"FARMINGTON POND (Jan. 13) The ice is still too thin for ice fishing. Fishing off the shore is slow."
[signature]
I saw that to Kent. I wonder in its peak how thick it gets? Last year I went up there and the ice was about 1-2 inches on the pond. My boy had a depressed look on his face, so I had to do something. I took a good size rock and walked to the end of the "Pier" and dropped the rock straight down and thru the ice. We caught about 30 trout in an hour, as fast as you could get one off the hook, rebait and drop it back in the hole, you had another. Needless to say, we had a ball!!!!
[signature]
Now that you can only catch diffrent types of fish on Farmington Pond. What else is in it other than trout. Does it have Cat fish? The state says you have to go like Trout, cat, trout , bluegill.....I didnt think it had anything but rainbows.

Thanks,

Tyler
[signature]

T17
They plant Channel cats in the summer,it has always had Bluegill,Rainbows are planted about every other week spring through the fall.at odd times they release some brooder stock Albino rainbows,Brooks,browns.
Sorry I'm so close to the pond,but have not heard the conditions. Usually I here when it's good.
[signature]
Fished Farmington Pond on Friday the 24th. Me and two others caught 1 fish each. Go ahead and add Utah Sucker to the list. Thats all we caught. Water level is low and no ice at all.

Tyler
[signature]
There were a few guys down from me and my boy when I went that caught a Sucker. You should have heard hollering about it lol. One guy wanted to keep it for some reason. They had pretty close to the same reaction I had when I caught my first one out of there. "What the he.......... is that" [Wink]
[signature]
I caught a very fat 19" sucker out of there two years ago while teaching my nephew how to use a fly rod. I thought he had on the pig of the whole lake until I got a good look at it.[laugh]

tightline
[signature]
That was me, I wanted to keep it to show my son what a Sucker looked like, I couldnt belive what I had just seen.

Tyler
[signature]
Avoid putting your worm right on the bottom, thats how I've caught a few of them. Gawd are they UGLY!!!! [crazy]
[signature]
We caught that one on a worm, the other 2 we got later that night on powerbait nuggets. We left for awhile and then came back. But no luck on trout. We was fishing off the bottom though.

Thanks,

Tyler
[signature]