Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lindon Non-Report
[cool][#0000ff]I'll post the facts and figures, but no fish to report.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Met up with Kraizee_Skot and tlspyder13 at the Lindon gate about 6:30. Gate was locked, so we suited up and got the tubes ready for the 7 AM opening. At 7:10 we trudged our tubes around the opening in the gate and down to the water. All afloat by about 7:30.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Water temp at the ramp was 42 at launch. Water depth in the harbor is between 7 and 8 feet. Mid harbor the water temp went up to 43 and then 44 at the mouth of the harbor going out into the lake.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]We all went different directions, throwing different lures. Shoulda stayed on shore and shot the bull. Each of us registered a couple of taps and a few "rock strikes". I actually had a six inch crappie on for a couple of shakes before it fell back into the water next to the dock from under which it had come. That was the only verifiable fish I had on.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]I worked all around the inside of the harbor, the points on either side of the channel and a good bit of the rocky shoreline on the outside. Zippo. I dragged a minnow around for over an hour without so much as a sniff. I threw large plastics, small plastics and marabou jigs. I even tried flipping around the edges for a while, but found no largies in residence.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]I am ready to return my recently purchased sonar. It must be defective. Only showed a very few fish all day. Maybe I need to add some more fish marks. Can't find the opening in the case.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]We all three decided about 10 AM that we had overfunned. Hit the ramp and boogied without having to wipe off any fish smell. The skunk smell would have overpowered it anyway. [/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Water temp at departure was up to almost 46. If the weather forecast for the next couple of days is on target, the temps will jump up to over 50 fairly soon. When they hit 55 the cat chasers should be able to have some fun. [/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]According to a young lady doing a survey on angler opinions (June Suckers) said that she has seen very few fish anywhere around the lake the last few days. I gave her my same opinion I gave her last year about the June Sucker restoration program. She was not amused by my approval of the walleye feeding program. She also would not even venture a guess as to the cost per pound of the June Sucker minnow walleye food.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]It was good to get to meet KS and to meet up with Spiderman again. We will have to schedule our next trip to include some fish.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
[#505000]When I walked out the door this morning to go to work I was really wishing I could have gone to Lindon with ya'll. Now I read your report it feels like a good day to be at work!! [Tongue][/#505000]
[signature]
All I can say is TubeDude summed it up pretty good. Nice day, nice weather and great company but no fish.
[signature]
[cool]Nice report, TD. The fact that not only did anybody really catch much, but neither did you mark many on your finder is VERY discouraging, to say the least. Now I'm not sure where I'm gonna fish on Saturday...[crazy]
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]I would stake my infamous reputation on the fact that the water will warm at least 3 to 4 degrees (or more) between now and Saturday morning. [/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]If you wanna hook up in the old "catfish hole" that might be a good place to drag a bait with one rod while casting jigs with the other. That's where I got those three kitties a couple of weeks ago, during another warming period. The fish were in fairly shallow water catching some rays.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]I have also been trying to decide where to go for a few hours in the morning, before the wind kicks up. I have one other option, and it will depend on the last minute weather outlook.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]I seem to recall that you mentioned that you were not going to be able to get on the water until afternoon. If the wind does not kick up, that could be better than in the morning. This time of year the fishing for cats is often better late in the day and just after dark, because the water is still warmed from the daytime sun.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
You should have just called it a warm up day, not a fishin' day! You were just practicing for when the fish start to be more friendly...yeah, practicing.[cool]
[signature]
[cool]Since the 'eyes aren't super active yet, "the 'ol catfish hole" sounds like a blast. I'd like to get towed around by a 5 pound kittie from my tube. I'm not sure yet (but will be tomorrow) if I have to come in to the office on Sat. a.m. or not. KSL's microcast is predicting 10-20 mph from the South. I do have an anchor now, which should hold me in place as long as the whitecaps aren't too nasty. I'll have my people get with your's tomorrow a.m...
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]If there is any wind at all...fugeddaboudit! The success depends upon having a warm shallow area, protected from mixing with the colder open lake waters. If the wind kicks up, the warm water goes away and so do the fish.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]I know that everybody's patience is wearing thin, and we are all tired of winter, but anything we score before April is bonus. After mid April we can go fishing with some degree of positive expectation. Right now there is more wishing than fishing.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
Pat, I have found that the easiest way to see lots of fish on a fish finder is to put it in Demo Mode! Try it, it works every time, but sometimes it is difficult to get them to bite.
[signature]
Ice-off should be happening soon for these lakes up here in Cache Valley. I hear that is one of the very best times of year to wet a line.
[signature]
I was at your kittyhole yesterday,TD, the wind picked up and blew what warm water there was right into non-existense. Stopped by today for a look and was calm as could be. Saturday should be good if the w$#* stays away.
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#ff4040]What can I say? Tubedude pretty much got the morning down to the minute. Either way it was a gorgeous day with great company. It was nice to finally meet up with you TubeDude, and was also a pleasure to meet tlspyder13. We will definitely have to do it again, but next time somebody needs to invite the fishies. Looks like tubing is the only way to go from here on out.[/#ff4040][/font]
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Thanks, Junior. What would I do without your guidance and training?[/#0000ff]
[signature]