Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
diamond fork
What flies do you guys have the most success with on Diamond Fork this time of year, I normally use a # 6 wooly bugger, but I am looking for some other patterns. Thanks
[signature]
This is a Blue wing olive time of year. also midges will catch them. glo bugs,san juan worms,pheasant tails,hares ears.
[signature]
thanks for the info HFT, i have used beadhead pheasant tails in the past and done ok, I'll have to tie up some patterns you mentioned and go give them a shot.[Smile]
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][purple][size 3]I did killer on the Middle Provo today using a size 16 BWO (tied somewhat like a cripple) and a size 22 black WD40 with a strip of flashabou across the back on an 18" dropper. I imagine that these would work at Diamond Fork also.[/size][/purple][/font]
[signature]
Flygoddess: Are you greasing the WD to float in the film? Or is it sinking? Just curious how you fish a dropper. I'd imagine most fish took the WD. I used the dry/dropper this weekend on the lower quite a bit when the fish were fussy. My best combo was a 18 para BWO and a 20 black zebra. The zebra has a black bead head, so it would sink below the film and I would just watch for the parachute to dissapear. Hunt4BigBucks, this is my favorite method for streams like Diamond fork also. A visible dry with a smaller beadhead dropper. If they refuse the dry, chances are they will take the dropper. I seem to have less drift problems when I use a beadhead also because it breaks through the film and doesn't interfere with the drift of the dry as much.
[signature]
I use Frogg's Fanny. Love that stuff. I am sure it is going sub surface but the fanny puts like a bubble around it and I imagine it is acting like an emerger ready to break the surface.
[signature]
Thanks for the info, I'll have to tie some up, I have never tied a BWO but I'll have to go try. I am getting the itch to start doing some fly fishing, at leat until the lakes unthaw![cool] COuld you post some pics of what a BWO looks like, I have no idea. Thanks
[signature]
Google "sparkle blue wing olive" and there is a good picture of it. Basically a Comparadun with like an antron tail. Try 14's and 16's.
[signature]
Copper Johns, Pheasant Tails, SOW Bugs & Prince Nymphs seem to be working right now.
[signature]