Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ririe-Report Ice fishing
Ok Ok this will be my last ice report of the season...I think. Went with my 4 year old son on Friday night to Ririe. the edge ice was breaking up, but the main lake was still 8" thick. Walked out to my "trout hole" and started to fish. BSflies came out about 15min after I did and set up nearby. It was slow for the first 45 min then the sun went down behind the hill and the fishing turned on. We caught 2 ten inch perch, 1 thirteen inch cutt and 7 Kokes before we had to go. Kokes are a lot of fun but I was sure frusterated by how many hit and I just missed them. Anyway it was a fun couple of hours on the ice and my son was happy as can be. I really do think this will be my last ice fishing trip of the year in fact I am thinking of going down to clearlakes by Buhl on Thur. Anybody heard a current report?

Goodluck Everyone
Windriver
[signature]
Thanks for the report. I've been thinking about getting on the ice one more time this year. I probably won't have time to get around to it but I would like to check out a couple reservoirs for an end of the ice season bite.

I haven't heard any recent reports about Clear Lakes. I know it wasn't very good last year. I think conditions have improved and the fishing is ok now.
[signature]