Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bear Lake State Park Marina is OPEN! Monday 3/27
[font "Comic Sans MS"][purple][size 3]OK, the marina is open but still slippery and it still has a lot of ice floating around. I drove down the snow covered ramp today and broke the ice away from the shore with my truck. It is still about 6" thick, so if you plan on launching be care when "pushing" the ice bergs out of the way. There is about 2-4" of snow on the ramp, but that should be melting in the next few days. Who will be the first boat the launch at the marina? Here is a picture of the boat ramp/marina after I did my "ice breaking".
[/size][/purple][/font][inline "marina panorama.jpg"]
[signature]
Way to go Scott! I have a question though. Was that your personal truck or the work truck? I would have used the work truck for sure.

Is there any ice chunks still out in the main body?
[signature]
[black][size 3]I could tell you but then I'd have to kill you and we wouldn't want to do that! (Too messy!, LOL) Actually the ice broke from the weight of the tires. I slowly pulled down front-first and pushed the ice away with the tires so it was very easy and did no damage to the truck. Heck, the tires barely got wet! Ok, I see that 40 people viewed the post already and no other comments?[/size][/black] [font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]Who's launching tomorrow anyway???[/size][/black][/font]
[signature]
Well it won't be me launching tomorrow but hopefully I will be up there in the next few weeks. I'm kinda waiting for all the big ice chunck to melt off.
If I was a betting man I would put my money on either BLM or Old Coot to be the first ones out of the main marina.
[signature]
Iceberg right ahead![Smile] Strong work Scott.
[signature]
Thanks Scott,

I was there Friday and Saturday fishing the breakwater. I sure wish I could launch tommorow but I HAVE NO BOAT !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Some friends of mine launched at cisco Saturday and had a very good day catching cutts.
[signature]
With the damage it did to the trailer lights the last time we were up there I think I'll wait until the ice is gone. From the looks of things, it won't be long, thanks for the info Scott.
[signature]
I need to run down there today to pay on my slip waiting list. I don't think I'll take a boat along today but I could take the camera. I'm not quite through with ice fishing yet!
[signature]
Pictures are always good and I'm sure it won't be long now for that ice to be gone in the marina.
[signature]
I left my camera behind when going to the marina today. Boats are launching .... there is one lane plowed. I could see where boats had been launched over some snow humps as well.

I was told at the Marina office that Bear Lake is predicted to rise 10' this year. That's a bunch! even with the Bear River basin at 126% snow pack.
[signature]
Great news about the lake coming up that much. That is a bunch for one year. I hope their predictions are right. Thanks for the report!
[signature]
Wow, a 10ft rise in the water level in one year, that would just about fill the lake, I hope they are right.
[signature]
I will speak with the Parks on the water level prediction. There is no way the lake will rise that much in one year. Never has, never will. I would guess that a 5' rise (max!) would be a better guestimate. I will be at a meeting the beginning of April where the predictions will be given by hydrologists at Pacificorp (Utah Power and Light).
[signature]
Thanks Scott, I was also thinking at 10 ft rise would be hard in one year. If I remember correctly the snow pack last year was above 120% and it seems we got a 4 or 5 ft increase in water level. Looking forward to hearing what the hydrologists have to say.
[signature]
I was hoping to hear from you BLFG. 10' is too much to hope for. I asked for you when I was over there but you weren't in.

Just checked my msg's and a slip is waiting for me. I'll definitely be at the Marina again tomorrow. Hope for clear water in the slips soon.
[signature]