Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Three new state records
[size 2]Three new state records.[/size] [size 2][/size][size 2]Congratulations to fly fisherman Peter F. Binaski. The International Game Fish Association has just approved his application for three new State Freshwater Fly Rod line class records. Peter now holds the Hawaii peacock bass records for 4, 12, and 20 pound test tippet. All three fish were weighed, photographed and released back into Lake Wilson.[/size] [size 2][/size][size 2]Peter is an excellent angler and it was a pleasure fishing with him.[/size] [size 2][/size][size 2]Aloha,[/size] [size 2]Chris[/size] [size 2][/size][size 2][/size]
[signature]
[font "Poor Richard"][green][size 3]This is the only site that I could find about Peter & and his records. There was no mention of him using a fly rod.[/size][/green][/font]

[font "Poor Richard"][green][size 3]http://www.igfa.org/PETERBINASKIBASSSLAM.asp[/size][/green][/font]
[signature]
Peter fished with us here in Hawaii last Oct. I was impressed with his angling skills and how organized he was. (He even has his own certified BogaGrip scale to weigh his catch.) If I had some pictures, I would have posted them.

As an IGFA member and former record holder I can appriciate what one must go through to submit a fish catch for world record consideration. The paperwork, the pictures, the line samples. My son, Chris, was his guide for the two days he fished with us and Peter made quite a positive impression on him.

When Chris saw Peters name in the IGFA International Angler (Mar/Apr 2006) he insisted we spread the word and post congratulations on the web site. (Chris was also excited that his name was listed as "captain") LOL

There are some larger peacock bass out there in the lake just waiting for someone with the desire for a IGFA State Record to catch them. I hope Peter is one of them.

Aloha,
Stan
[signature]
[cool][font "Poor Richard"][green][size 3]Hi there StanWright and welcome to the BFT. Didn't want you to think that I was doubting your post. Was just trying to gather more information about your Peter. Thanks for your post.[/size][/green][/font]
[signature]
Well I don't know how I did it, but I got my picture up there... and I have no idea how to delete it.
That is not a picture of Peter, He is a lot younger and better looking than me. LOL
Aloha,
Stan
[signature]