Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It just bugs me
[font "Poor Richard"][#008000][size 3]I just can't understand how people can have a complete disregard for keeping their local parks, lakes, rivers etc clean of trash. Whenever I see plastic containers lying about I pick them up and dispose of them properly. People just don't start this terrible habit one day as I believe that they mimic the activity of their parents. My father would have given me hell if as a child/adult he caught me throwing my garbage any place except in a trash barrel. I hope that you take the time to train your children to respect mother natures domain.[/size][/#008000][/font]
[signature]
[black][size 5]Pack it in, Pack it out![/size][/black]
[size 5][/size]
[size 5]That's what I was always taught.[cool][/size]
[signature]
I always say if you can take the energy to walk around it or look away from in you can spend the energy to pick it up.

What dose every one think them plastic gorcery bags are for? If every one filled a bag every time they went out the parks would be pristein.
[signature]
It is uterly disgusting to go through many of the Parks in SoCal anymore. Trash here and there. No one seems to care. The beaches are almost as bad.

I have been to some community parks and lakes in AZ and the story changes. Thee is alot more pride in the public areas over there. It is truly amazing how it goes from one area to another.[cool]
[signature]
I am truly amazed how some governing bodies sware they are doing every thing they can do to improve thier immage and when you visit their parks the out houses are filthy not just one day but all season, trash all along the side of the road of the park and all though the trees in the park.

how strapped for funding dose a governing body have to be where it can hire a part time kid to walk the parks to pick up trash.

in commerce twp in oakland county michigan they use inmates to clean the park once a year, the rest of the year the park looks like it has never been touched. that is fine for cirtain aspects like trail maintances and structure repairs and what nots but that is only a small part of the over all immage. Our governing bodies need to get their priorities in order. matter of fact it couldnt hurt for them to let the comunity dictate to them just what the priorities should be.

there is a park right across the street from my subdivision and every time I pull out on the main road I have to put up with the preimum veiw of trash.
[signature]
sat.was openning day in conn.this morning i went to a popular openning day pond,this was the worst i have ever seen it.i filled two black trash bags.one with beer and soda cans,the other with plain trash.i made $4.65 in can returns,there was one other fisherman doing the same thing at the other end of the pond,atleast someone else cared the same way i did
[signature]
[mad][font "Poor Richard"][green][size 3]Oh no in California doing a clean up detail is degrading for the prisoners. I remember the chain gangs when I lived in Florida during the 50's. They wore the black & white traditional prison garb and were chained to each other. They were repsonsible for keeping the highway parkways clean. Oh yes the guards all carried shot guns. Now the prisoners need time for body building, tattooing each other, phone calls, computer time and all that other BS.[/size][/green][/font]
[signature]
the prisoners show up driving them selves in a 50-75 thousand dollar maxi van dressed in national guard uniform.

no guards. no guns. and they make better wages than if the city would hier a kid to do the labor.

its one of them jobs that the president said americans wont do, I saw 3 kids in the township office applying for the job of cleaning the parks the same time I was. only to find out the job dosnt exist....[unsure]
[signature]
[reply]
[font "Poor Richard"][#008000][size 3]Whenever I see plastic containers lying about I pick them up and dispose of them properly. [/size][/#008000][/font] [/reply]
I went to a lake i grew up fishing at as a kid. I havent been here for 7 years after moving all over the country. To my astonishment the left shoreline to the right part of the lake had trash all over it, we rowed over and i got out of the boat and cleaned it up. I knew one day I would have use for those bags in the bottom of my tackle box. It burns me that people can throw their trash around so carefree instead of taking the time to put it in a receptical.
[signature]