Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Weber River
Has anyone fished the weber lately? I am thinking about heading there this weekend I just want to know if it is worth my time. Thanks.
[signature]
Between rockport and echo will be good. Hares ears,green caddis larva,sow bugs.
[signature]
Hit public area below Mtn Green. High, muddy water. Didn't catch much. Was back home by 10am.
Tried spinners, fly, everything else.
[signature]
Thanks guys. I think I am going to try and hit the middle provo now. Thanks again
[signature]
The public section right above Rockport has been producing some nice rainbows. The section between echo and rockport was decent last saturday. 2 nice rainbows and 2 whitefish in about 2 hours fishing with orange scuds in #16.
[signature]
I ended up going to the Middle Provo, but it was a terrible day for me. We got up there around 9:00 and the weather wasn't bad at all. It started off really bad when I finished putting my waders on and closed the door on my fly rod and broke the first two eyelets off. I was so mad but there was nothing I could do about it then. So we headed up river and my buddy hooked into a brown right away and hooked about 4 more for the day. I on the other hand didn't even get a bite. Skunked on my first trip out to the river. Oh well I got it over with early. We ended up stoping by cabelas on the way home and luckily I found out that my rod has a lifetime warranty on it no questions asked. They shiped it out for me and I should get it back within a few weeks. Luckily I have a back up. All in all it was a great time just getting out on the river.
[signature]
Atleast you were fishing. Were there any hatches or fish rising? Heading up there next week if i can find anyone to go with.
[signature]
FF4L, I have had the same thing happen to me. I now have a great little magnet that is shaped for a fishing rod to be placed on the outside of your car or truck and hold the rod so that it won't fall. The magnet is strong and works great. I put my rod against the truck and place the magnet around the rod and it stays in place until I'm ready to go fishing. Just remember to put everything away before you drive away!
[signature]
The magnet idea is a good one I will have to try it. Lunkerhunter about the hatches there were a few rising but it was a little windy for a alot of bugs on the water I think if this weekend is good weather it will be really good.
[signature]
Thanks. [Wink][Wink][Wink][Wink][Wink][Wink]
[signature]
[url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/cgi-bin/gforum/gforum.cgi?username=flyfish4life;"][#000000][size 1]flyfish4life [/size][/#000000][/url], [font "Comic Sans MS"][black]I was on the middle Sunday. My brothers went up around 9:00 and said they kicked a$$. I got there around noon (had to play the night before, so didn't get to bet till 4:00am thanks to daylight savings time). Anyway, I took my new 10'4wt. I bought from HFT and had a blast. Used my usual for this time duo and did fantastic. I have been up there three times last week and I will say that there is a great hatch from noon till about 2:00pm (of course that was before the time change). Probably do it again this weekend if you are in the area look for the crazy red head.
[/black][/font]
[signature]
Sweet!! thanks flygoddess. I am thinking about going there again this weekend but I might try to break out the pontoon on Jordanele instead. We will just have to see what happens.
[signature]
How did that 10' rod perform? sorry I missed you at the store.
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black]Oh, did I mention I have a new go to rod, hehehehe. And to think it was made in Korea. Damn! My brother wants to get a steelhead rod and I told him to stop in and see you, which I think he did Saturday. He wants a 10' 8wt. and I told him how impressed I was with the TFO, but the cheap s.o.b. keeps saying he will just use mine. I ought to go with him and use it myself just to tick him off.[/black][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black]Thanks James, you the man.[/black][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black]As far as Jordanelle, Rock cliff still looks frozen, I think I will wait for ice off completely along with run off. So, hi ho, hi ho, it's off the the Provo I go.[/black][/font]
[signature]