Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lincoln Beach 3/30
Fished around the warmsprings tonight from 5:30 to 7:00, NADA[crazy], didn't have any bites at all except for some skeeter bites. We threw all sorts of colors of jigs and grubs at them but had no takers, maybe the water is too cold? Anybody else been down there and had any luck, we need to hear some good reports before I venture down there again. We were fishing in waders and we waded out as far as we could, I can't believe how far the lake has come up. Utah lake is the only place I consistently get SKUNKED!!![mad] What am I doing wrong any info would be appreciated.[Wink]
[signature]
You must have been trying some of my Smelly Jelly...Were you with about 3 or 4 other people? I was in the yellow "fury of fibergass"[crazy] boat and went past some people but didn't want to get too close.
[signature]
[cool]While I am by no means a Lincoln Beach expert (but working on someday becoming one...) the water around the "warm" springs is so high now that there's not really an advantage of fishing right there anymore, at least as far as water temp goes. The warm springs are now several feet underwater, so they don't really do that much good anymore.

As far as wading goes, from what I've heard, the ones that are having some success with it right now are the ones that go down the road a bit further to the last orchard just past the "L" and wade out right there a long ways and catch an eye or two. Unfortunitely you'll have a lot of competition from "the locals" right there, but it's productive in waders from what I hear. Good luck next trip out.

This Saturday I'm going to tube the Lindon area and then if no luck there after a few hours in the a.m. then I'll head way on out to Lincoln. Maybe I'll see ya out there. I'll be in a blue Fishcat II tube with radios on ch. 12 or 8.
[signature]
We were to the west of the other guys all by ourselves, just the two of us. But were thinking where those other guys were is where you need to be, all the people that were down there were around the orchards, we talked to a couple guys and one of them had caught a couple but I couldn't really understand them much, the didn't speak english real well. But at least they got into some, they were out in front of the orchards.[Wink]
[signature]