Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
3/31/06 willard report
Me and skeeter2 fished willard today from 12 noon tell 5:30. We launched from the south marina and trolled along the south west dike. No fish trolling not even a bite so we tried to do some jigging along the rocks on are way back to the marina. Hoping that the male eyes have moved into the spawning beds. No fish[Sad] But it was nice to run the boat. We only marked a few fish the water temp must still be too cold. The fish better start biting soon or I'll go crazy.
[signature]
I also fished Willard from about 1 to 4. I fished out of the North Marina. I fished the very shallow water between the beach and the dyke. I got a couple of crappie, not much size. I was using a 1/64 oz jig under a slip bobber. I tipped the jig with 1 of those small garden worms that have been all over the driveway on rainy mornings.
[signature]
Fishonlynch and i took the husker out for a test run to try out some new things ive done to the boat. we didnt make many fish either. we did run into HCD just outside of the north marina on his toon and he didnt have good luck either.
[signature]
We trolled with a couple planer boards that I made from some plans from one of you on the board. They are going to work great. The large size of the planer boards allowed us to run them out with the downriggers. Now if only the fish will bite.
[signature]
Hey petty, what does your boat look like? Is it kind of a blue green color? I was out at the N marina today as well. I was on the bank watching all the boats go by. No crappie for me or any one else I could see.
[signature]
i didn't get out till about 3pm and was only out there for just over an our went from the south marina to the north marina then to the east dike to the island halfway to the light pole then back to the south marina all at full speed
[signature]
Bet you had quite the line twist trolling at that speed . I may launch sunday , rain or shine I need to wet a line .
[signature]
Glad you could make it out Jason. I wish I would have gotten away from work a little sooner. I'd like to just get out and drag a crank around to say I was fishin'.
[signature]