Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wader stocking foot wear.
Well, I finally made the move to buy some waders that should last awhile.[Smile] I bought Simms Light weight stocking foot. Paid more than I have ever done but theoretically the gore tex will last much longer than my cheap neoprenes. I do have one concern though. I do a lot of walking in them and always wear holes or get leaks in the seams of the stocking foot.[unsure] My Simms have neoprene stocking feet and I don't want to wear the foot out, or at least slow it down so I can get many years of service. Any suggestions? I've been wearing an old sock over the stocking foot and that helps a little, I think?
Leaky
[size 1][#0000ff][cool]This is the time of year that all the department stores start selling the spring and summer stuff. Watch for a pair of "water shoes" at WalMart or Kmart for about $10 or less. They are light, nylon uppers and tough rubber bottoms. They pull over your stocking feet easily and help preserve your waders.[/#0000ff]
[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=10433;]

[#0000ff]What kind did you get for Sparky?[/#0000ff] [/size]
[signature]
[size 1] Dude, you are truly a fountain of information!!!! Too bad you're not more personable on the water, just kidding.[sly][sly][sly][sly] I had another drink and my sense of humor is probably questionable. Sparky - You don't really think he needs em do ya???? By the way, he was a good boy at the "Blue" wasn't he???[Smile] He's learnng, getting more mature. I hope he never looses his exuberance!!!!
Leaky [/size]
[cool][size 1][#0000ff]I have had the pleasure of fishing "in the vacinity" of Sparky twice. On both occasions he showed better manners than most people. He is a high-spirited and playful dog, but he is not aggressive or destructive. Can't say that about people.

When Sparky "introduces" himself to folks, it is with a doggy Smile and an invitation to join in his world of play. He has no ulterior motives and his intentions are pure. He just wants to enjoy himself and is quick to invite others to be a part of it. Most people are quick to judge and quicker to react to something they do not understand. They yell at others (and dogs) and think only of their own pleasures.[/#0000ff]

[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Seriously, I thought Mr. S. was very well mannered at Blue Lake. He stayed near you most of the time and found ways to amuse himself along the bank without bothering anybody else. It would have been funny though to see him dive down and say "Hi" to one of the divers underwater. I'll bet that diver would have come up out of the water like a submarine missile.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Just for the sake of completeness, here are some of the other pics and footwear examples from the picture board. I have tried a lot of different things over the years. [/#0000ff]

[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=9664;]
Tubing Footwear

[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=9665;]
Flats boots by RedHead. Note the raised rubber strap catch on the heel, to help prevent fin straps from sliding off heel.

[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=9666;]
Flats boots, showing inside zippers.

[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=9667;]
Tubin' Booties. Once offered by Cabelas but no longer available. Feature wraparound strap with Velcro fastening.

[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=9668;]
These "extinct" but wonderful footwear for tubers allow pulling them on through the wide back opening, and they are spacious to allow heavily layered wader feet to fit comfortably. [/size]
[signature]
Leaky, I understand what you are saying. The shoes are great, but you are still walking in the neo foot portion of the wader. My suggestion is, breathables fold up very compact. Try finding a back pack, vest (with back pocket or something similar, Wear whatevery shoes or boots and slip the waders on when you get to a spot to fish.
In otherwords, don't wear them to walk in[Smile]
[signature]
One of my credos. Ya like my dog, you're my friend. [Smile]
Leaky
Leaky, what's wrong with regular wading boots? Do you have swimmer fins for your tubing/kickboating? Buying Simms I can see how you want to take the best possible care of them. They're built tough no doubt about it and you'll love the warranty. You said you wore a pair of socks over your old neo's and you do a lot of hiking. Does this mean you are hiking with no shoes/boots/mukluks etc.? Either get some boots or put on your waders when you get to your destination. That'll make them last a lot longer than just socks.
[signature]