Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pt Mugu Surf Fishing
Went on a family get together at Point Mugu this weekend. Stayed at the Beach Motel which is...surprise... right on the beach.

Took along a couple 8# rigs & Gulp! baits.
Fished low tide & got an 8" BSP on Gulp! sandworm. Sent him home...

Had a good time. I need some lessons on this surf stuff, tho... Big Grin

I saw a sea lion that was watching me for awhile. I figger he got disgusted at my ineptitude & went lookin' for a real fisherman... Big Grin

Fishslayer
[signature]
Thanks for the nice up date. Those Gulp baits are storming the market right now.

If you ever want a good spot for some nice BSP, you can also go a little farther north to Silverstrand Beach or Hollywood Beach.

Other anglers are slaying em over there up to 13inches.[cool]

Good job on the release too.[Wink]
[signature]
hehe... When I was in the Seabees I spent a homeport living on Silver Strand Beach... Lunker Bikini Perch that would boil on a Folding Benjamin in green color...[Wink]

I'll give it a try sometime. The inlaws live in Santa Paula & CFO & I usually stay on Mugu when we visit.

I'll probly be exploring areas here in SanDawg for awhile, tho.

Fishslayer
[signature]
There is alot of nice action down there in SanDawg. If you go to Coronado Beach, there are plenty of Surf Perch. Go inside Mission Bay a bit and you can hook up on some good Barred Sand Bass as well as some nice Spotted Bay Bass.

Just pin a strip of squid on a 1oz lead head and hang on.[cool]
[signature]
Yup. There are also Bonefish in the bay. I've seen the pics...

Fishslayer
[signature]
Those are fun on light tackle too if you can get one of any decent size. Feel free to post a pic or two of your catch. We are very fond of pictures on this site.

Just remember the 300x400pixel JPG format.[Wink][cool]
[signature]