Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
saturday fishing report
got out in the boat near daybreak on saturday morning. We put in over near the cumberland TVA steam plant. Pretty thick fog on the river to start the morning.
We eased on over to the mouth of the discharge channel and decided to grab some skippies, hoped for some striper action and had the cast net ready for any nearby shad action. Caught enought skipjack to use for bait for the day and switched over for the Striper bite...nothin, nada. Was watchin the army of folks lining the channel and i never saw anyone pull anything in other than skipjack. i Did see some surface activity once and attempted to throw the castnet...it grabbed the back of my chair a bit and i almost fell in...LOL [shocked] Decided i would not throw the cast net anymore without lowing the seat!! [pirate] [crazy]

We took off roaming around the area and decided to go for some catfish action. Found a promising lookin area and i throw out a gutpack while my partner was using small pieces of cut skipjack...that was the ticket...he caught 5 channels from 2-6 lbs in a short time. I had something attack my gutpack pretty viciously, ran my line up the river a ways and hung me up on something...thought i had a beast on, but i'll never know. [unsure]

well we had enough for a nice meal, so we thought we'd run around and explore some...found a bit off a dropoff a couple miles away and started chucking jigs, caught a bunch of gills, yellow bass and a few small largemouth.
Started get hot and since we had forgotten the sunscreen, we already had a pretty good sunburn....bagged it for the day and got off the water around 2 pm.

Had a blast, was a beautiful day on the water!

cyas
rc
[cool][#0000ff]Great report. Sounds like spring is sprung.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]How about some pictures? [/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Be careful with that castnet. Been more than a few guys end up throwin' themselves in the drink if they hang up on something. It is sometimes tough to get a good throw out of a boat unless you are on a clear and uncluttered bow. Then some fool roars by on a big boat and dumps you with the bow wake.[/#0000ff]
[signature]