Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard report
Sure was good to get on the water!!Took my 13 year old neighbor boy,it was his first time on a boat,so of course I let him run it part of the time.He was very helpful getting it ready to go.Fished from 9AM to 3PM.Fishing was great!Catching was not.It was sunny and no wind.Trolled all over the lake from 1.5mph-2.5mph with lipless cranks and white curly tails.Talked to MGB in the parking lot,he said he caught one.
It was still a great day,my spring tonic!
[signature]
Things must be ready to go out there...I keep thinking that any day now someone will post up that it was on fire! Thanks for the report.
[signature]
Did you read Old-Coot's post for the 8th. we had the same luck and I too am hopeful about the post's that some one will put a post out that they are starting to catch wipers. Must learn to wait[crazy]. I find it hard.[pirate]

Keep posting I am watching, and waiting.
[signature]
A year ago the catching started improving the middle of April, water temps were 55 degrees. Just a few more days of warm weather should do it, maybe we will get lucky later this week. WH2
[signature]
Can't wait for bite to turn on. The boat is acting like a dog on a chain just out of reach of its food and water. Or maybe I'm the one acting like that. Curt, let me know if you want to do another trip like last year, it was fun. I still haven't found any producers the color that you have. I've looked in every Bass Pro and Cabelas in every state that I've been in. I think I'll paint my own and see what happens.
[signature]
Sounds like a plan Rob, as far as that Producer goes, you never know what this year will hold. That lure might not work this year, every year is different at least for me. It seems to me that every year a different lure works better than the hot one from the year before. I guess time will tell.
[signature]