Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard 4/10
First of all I was a little discouraged after reading multiple posts of no fish. But....

The BFT skunk is gone. Between a friend and I, we caught 12 wipers with the biggest going 22", 2 dink cats, and 2 dink smallies. Fished from the dike using 3" white power grubs with a white glow head. All fish were released.
Some of the wipers we caught were a little smaller than the ones we were catching last year... I don't think I caught one last year under 15". Did see one other guy catch a pretty nice walleye using a worm (he was fishing for cats).
Anyway, it was a great day, and it looks like the fishing is picking up at Willard. Hope this cold front doesn't shut it down completely.
[signature]
All I can say is about dang time! Strong work on finally finding some cooperative fish.
[signature]
Great report,Would you mind letting use know which dike you where fishing,I have heard alot about the west dike,southwest corner,feed lot east shore line,but no reports about the north dike.Looks like I have some motor problems this spring with overheating,I have got it narrowed down to the thermostates and hopefully will be on the water soon.
Thanks for any info,and tight lines.
FNF[cool]
[signature]
I was actually close to the East dike.... Pretty close to the freeway. There is a little bridge that you can use to get across the canal that runs parallel with the dike. I only saw 2 other fisherman there, and we only saw one boat on the water. [Tongue]
[signature]
Nice report. I am not familiar with Willard, is the dike in north marina, south marina or between? what is the exit off I-15? Thanks.
[signature]
The dike runs around the whole lake, but the area he is talking about is hard to find if your not familiar with Willard. There is a couple of ways to get to the South east corner, getting off the freeway at Smith and Edwards(S&E), turn West toward S&E, just before you get to S&E, turn West again and follow the road past the dirt bike area. Turn at the first right you come to, a mile or so down the road you will come to the turn off to the South marina, go straight past the turn off. From there I hope someone else can direct you because it has been a few years for me and there are a few more turns you must make before you get to the S/E corner. You can find it by yourself with a little trial and error, good luck. WH2
[signature]
Exit at Smith and Edward's follow 89 north the turn to go to the small brige is on the left right before the trailor park (circle somthin or other) drive down the road until you come to the end turn right and follow it all the way to the end. I've done pretty well out there in the past. I prefer to go left on top and walk 3.5 power poles down. I don't know why but i've always done the best in that particular spot. Good luck
[signature]
There is a deep hole right where you are discribing,it is a good spot,A few years back the wipers where holding right in it.
[signature]