Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Record? Keep it or let it go?
All this talk of record fish has me curious what the masses would do should someone catch what they thought was a new world record. Would you keep the fish, knowing that it probably wouldn't be very good to eat because of it's size and let it die? Would you take pictures and release it? Or, do you have the equipment avialible to actually keep the fish alive while transported to a weigh station and get it back to the water safely?

So, what would you do if you had a world record?
[signature]
Keep it unless it was out of the slot limit (like snook or redfish)... and say I caught it somewhere other than where I actually did! [laugh]
[signature]
I would weigh the fish first and see if it was even close to a record. Then I would call my local Fish and Game. They are close enough to one of my favorite lakes that they could be there by the time I got to shore.

I would surely take a ton of photos with scale, tape measure, BigFishTackle logo and me in the pic. Then I would make sure that the DFG doesn't decide to do an autopsy on the fish and kindly release it so that I can catch it again later.[cool]
[signature]