Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard Report 4-14-06
Fished willard today with Elkoholic and his son put in at the south marina at 8:15am and trolled the feed lot area and i got a good hit and pulled in a nice fat 19in wiper shortly after that els son got one about the same size and lost it at the boat. got a bunch more hits but no more in the boat, wind blew all day got off the water about 2pm. talked with mgb as we where leaving he was putting in. also talked with another angler that had 5 wipers on his stringer. thanks for joining me today Travis its always a pleasure to fish with you and your son.
[signature]
[cool]Nice report, petty. It's good to hear that the wipers are finally starting to bite! So, the wife and I are closing on a house in Clinton next month, so I won't be that far from you, but I guess I'll be a little busy for a while getting unpacked and settled in, but you know I'll need a break once in a while from that, so I have gas money, will travel!!
[signature]
Thanks for the report! What were you fishing? What speed?

Thanks again
[signature]
fished willard, 1.5-3.2mph
[signature]
THAT'S the report I like to hear about, bro! Glad to see you got some success out there. Willard hasn't been too good to me so far this year. I plan on being out there tomorrow so hopefully they may still be bite'n.

hcd
[signature]
Looks like things are picking up a little just before the next storm! Dang cold fronts on the weekends...[Sad]
[signature]
Petty, btw, did you note the water temp in the south area where you fished?

hcd
[signature]
yes rick i knew someone would ask so i put my hand in the water and it was COOL TO THE TOUCH!!!![Wink]
[signature]
Ialso fished Willard today. I put in at South Marina at about 8 A.M. Fished West Dike and drifted with the Wind across several flats in 16 to 18 ft. of water. Using bottom bouncers and chartruese blades with inflated crawlers. I picked up 2 walleye 16 to 17 in. males, lost another at the net and also picked up a couple wipers. I came off the lake at 2 P.M. Crankem was also quiting at the same time. He Hadn't had a hit. I've made 5 trips to the Bay this spring and these are the first fish I have picked up. I will be out there again on Sunday with the Wife. This is her first trip this year. I'm glad she is going cause she usually catches most of the fish. Have a great weekend and hope to see ya on the water.
[signature]
Fished willard from 2:00 - 6:00. After an hour it got kinda rough, took a couple waves over the bow. About 4:00 the water settled down and was almost like glass but that did not last long. More wind plus rain settled in over the bay then I decided to call it quits. Boated 1 walleye and had two others on but lost them. If the weather cooperates I will be back tomorrow.

The surface temperature was 50.5.
[signature]
Good to hear the skunk has been washed off from yesterday . I have the boat hooked up but no idea where I will launch yet .
[signature]
I'm glad to hear people are starting to catch fish, thanks for posting the water temp Mike.
[signature]
almost forgot, one fish was caught on a walleye patern diver and the other on a perch diver on leaded line out 4 colors
[signature]
H2O temp got up to 49.5 where I was on Sat.
[signature]
Fished Willard from 0800-1400 and caught a 19" walleye about 1300 at the mouth of South Marina entrance. Water temp was about 49* and we fished the edge of the muddy water trolling a jointed rapala perch. Grafted lots of fish but few bites. Will try again in a couple of weekends.
[signature]