Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
report...
i fished one of the urban fisheries up here in northern utah.. . fishing was the best i have ever had at a pond like this.. i didnt get pics this time but oh well .. i wasnt planning on catchin that many.. lol
i wound up with 8 brookies, 5 rainbows, 3 bluegill, 4 large mouth bass... .... and a nice 23 inch 3lb channel cat...
the trout were all from 11 inches to 17... and the bass ... all were small less than a pound..
all fish were caught caught flylining crawlers( no weight)... my buddy caught the same amount of trout.. but he caught a crappie ( big one too 13 inches.!)... and he didnt catch any bass... it was an awsome day... im going back tomarrow.... since its less than a mile away.. hitting it early maybe 8 or so...
Joe
[signature]
I saw the fish truck dropping fish in Kaysville pond yesterday afternoon.
[signature]
Which pond where you fishing?
[signature]
i was.... ummmm at uhhh the pond near my home.... come on now jason... u live in ogden as well.. u should know were i was at[Wink] lol but they dumped alot.... too many trout in there... oh and i talked to the dwr.. i was worried because i was in myy tube... they said it was fine.. as long as im not bothering anyone... there are also some big bass in there..
joe
[signature]
send it to me in a pm. i dont know where any community ponds are. i usually dont fish them
[signature]
If it was Kaysville pond, I would suggest to people it might not be true. I went there this morning, it was extremely muddy on the shore. I caught 4 planter trout. I don't think there is bass in the pond. I talked to the ranger, who said the pond is stocked "once a week". The supposed frequency didn't match the fact that fishing is not fast. By the way, the driving instructions from utah.gov is wrong: "Kaysville was at exit 338 off I-15", as matter of a fact, it is 328 exit. It took me extra 20 miles and 40 minutes to figure out the town. Either they need to update their web site, or they need to quality control the content.
[signature]
The state recently renumbered almost every exit ramp on I-15. Thanks to new GPS technology, they've decided that the old exit numbers were inaccurate. It may take a while to get everybody and every map updated.

Fishrmn
There are bass there at the Kaysville Pond but I only catch 2 last year about October. They were catch out of the 2nd pnd from the right using a tube bait. Both were about a pound and a half. I haven't even had a bait from a bass there this year.
[signature]
There are some HUGE bass in there. I have caught them to 6# in years past. They are predominately in the 2 south ponds. I caught them on Gitzit tube jigs with smelly jelly.
[signature]
KAYSVILLE WAS DREDGED A FEW YEARS AGO TO REMOVE ALL THE SILT IN THE WATER. BEFORE THAT I HAD CAUGHT BASS TO 3#'S AND CATFISH UP TO 8 WITH THE OCCASIONAL BREAK OFF(FROM BIG MAMA'S?) BUT SINCE IT HAS BEEN DREDGED I HAVEN'T FISHED IT? BUT A BUDDY FROM WORK THAT LIVES RIGHT BY THERE, WHO IS A PRETTY RELIABLE SOURCE, SAID A COUPLE OF WEEKS AGO THERE WAS A BIG CATFISH SOMEONE HAD CAUGHT AND THROWN ON THE SHORE AND HE SAW A COUPLE OF PEOPLE CATCH SOME SMALLER BASS.
[signature]
hey jason... sorry i took so long to hit u back.... i have been in jail sinse sat. geez long story( took me in on a warrent that was allready taken care of... took them 5 days to figure that out).. i was at glassmans pond... up by the new ihc... tons of big bass .. bluegill, and trouts... cats... crappie... perch....carp..... green sunfish..... sorry got alittle carried away... anyway.. laters
JOe
[signature]
Thanks for sharing the information.
[signature]
Yper and i fished Glassmans yesterday and did very well. We caught between us about 15 troutski's, and i caught 3 LMB, with the best around 12". They took a paddletail made by Riverside, and the trout took spinners, worms, and flies. No cats(live ones) or crappie. Stay away from there on wednesday nights for the next 6 weeks. There is a youth fishing club of about 60 kids that have a few boats and they flock to every open casting spot. Scary with all them hooks flying around.
[signature]
Thanks. Looks I have to hold the plan of checking out this pond.
[signature]