Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
E.C. 04/15 at least not a skunk
Well bass_turd and i hit the lake around 12:30 with my freind J.U. It was slow a little bit of wind and only a couple other boats up there. Quite a few people fishing from shore and the couple we talked to werent having any luck. We finailly headed down the south fork of the lake and i picked up a nice 16" bow, and a 18incher about ten minutes later. Still no luck for bass_turd and J.U. We made it down towards the day use area at the south end and marked alot of fish on the finder but no hits. When we were headed back to the marina J decided to try some other lures he picked up and tied on a crawfish cranker, just as we were heading accros the main bay to the launch his drag started screaming, he picked it up and gave a yank and it went slack. When he reeled in he found the new lure gone and just the bottom bouncer left (guess he needs to work on his knots [Tongue]) so if anyone catches a nice bow with a big crawdad crank hanging out its mouth send me a pm so i can get it back to its owner[Wink]!
[signature]
At least pepe le pieux wasn't riding in the boat today. Thanks for the report.
[signature]
Hey Fool which way did you go to get there? UDOTs web site says the road from I-80 is still closed. Knowing the state like i do well you get the picture. And I'm sure your going to recover that lure LOL
[signature]
We came up from Ogden and went up through Morgan. There is a sign that said the road was closed up ahead, i'm assuming that means the one over to parleys, looks like the only way up is off of I-84 right now, either Hennifer or Morgan. And Yeah hope i can get that lure back for my buddy HEHE!
[signature]
I'm glad you guys caught a few. It is good to see someone catching them. What other lures did you get them on? Has the water cleared up any better?
[signature]
The 2 i caught were on a flatfish, behind a bottom bouncer. The water was way murky and lots of debris to dodge, wish it would have been faster fishing and it seemed we marked more fish at the south end than anywhere else. Gonna have to give it a try again after the weather clears up.
[signature]