Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Finally ... a maiden voyage!
Finally got to go fishing. Took the tube out on a friend's private lake in upstate NY.
Still haven't had time to build the rigging for it, but was determined to take her out on her maiden voyage nonetheless. Wonderful. It was more fun than I could have dreameds and incredibly comfortable.
The wind howled all day, but the fishing was good.
I nailed four bass (tw0 under 12" and two under 10") and one 17 1/2" chain pickerel.
My wife got a few big pickerel.
No pics of the fish unfortunately as she refuses to take her $2000 camera out to water and this pic was taken after the fact to show you guys her maiden V. The rod is bending because i am pulling the line with my right hand ... always playing the fool.

-ABT-

[Image: IMG_2099.jpg]
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Happy to hear you were able to go afloat, and that all went well. You gonna have some fun now, boy.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Your line and bent rod thing reminds me of the definition of fishing..."A jerk on one end of the line waiting for a jerk on the other end". You got it covered.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
ABT, CONGRATS ON THE MAIDEN VOYAGE AND CATCHING SOME FISH TO BOOT. I LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING YOUR TUBE RIGGED UP WITH THAT SETUP YOU DESIGNED.

AT
[signature]
Looking good, ABT. Let us hear some more of your experience when you get out on the water again.

zonker
[signature]