Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
willard 4/18
hooked up with beeman and headed to willard for the ever elusive wiper and eyes long story short didn't find em so after the nasty snow and wind drove us back to the north marina we decided to go fish brush for crappies didn't find none of them either but found a whole bunch of cats ended up landing 7 2 big "blue" cats[Wink] for me beeman got into 5. big fish went to me with a 10lb male who made a 2 ft vertical leap when hooked i was squealin like a kid in a candy store. my next fish was a 7lb male no females for me all and all a good end to an otherwise crappy day.fish came on worms,shiner heads(10lb'r) and freshly killed and cut carp
[signature]
Not the blue cats again![pirate]
[signature]
Wow, that is an awesome report, I haven't read about anyone catching any cats that big in years at Willard. You have got me wondering though, with a great catch like that why hasn't Beeman chimed in? WH2
[signature]
well . when you wipe some one that bad you don't want to rub it in, however we had a great day, had to take shelter in the south marina , because of a rageing snow storm , made it back to north marina , then the wind stopped , sun came out ,and out on the lake we went , then we found the cats , they are in 1-2 foot of water ! , yes there are big cats in willard , the trick is that you have to find them , good hunting beeman lol
[signature]
I think we need to hear the whole story, he says 7 for him and 5 for you, your saying you don't want to rub it in because you wiped him. Whats the real story Beeman, did you catch any of those big cats?[Smile] It sure is nice to hear a couple of BFT members know how to catch those big Willard cats. That will be a tough act to follow, at least until the wiper get hot[Wink]
[signature]