Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BFT Willard Bay Wiper Tournament Awards BBQ Update - MAY 18, 2006
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]Here's the latest roster update for the BBQ. Keep checking back for updates on the BBQ.[/size][/black][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3][/size][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]MAY-16-2006[/size][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]I will PMing people who said they were willing bring what is needed for the BBQ. We are going to need more side dishes, salads and desserts with the anticipated crowd. Thanks![/size][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]May 17, 2006[/size][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]The food contest will start at 3:30 pm and be held at the pavilion before the 4:00 pm BBQ. Everyone interested in entering the the contest for best side dishes, salads, and desserts, should get their entries there at 3:30 pm and maybe you'll win one of the $50 gift cards for the best side dish, salad, or dessert! There's gonna be some good food![/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]May 18, 2006[/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]Attached are the rules to the food contest.[/size][/font]
[signature]
Rich i will have my family there me +3 will bring a desert for the contest
[signature]
I do have a 3'X8' folding table that might help I can bring . Also I have a double burner 30K btu camp chef if needed . I will need to get the grilling section for it because I just have griddle for it now . I will be there with my boy , and I think I have him talked into helping on the clean up crew .
[signature]
BLM,

I will be there by myself. I have been known to cook a burger or two, if help is needed I would love to do it. I have a big charcoal grill, It is half of a 55 gallon drum w/ Lid. Let me know if we need it.
[signature]
Hey Rich i have a question! I thought we were going to have a fish fry, what happened to it? Why burgers-N-brats?

I also have a 3'x8' table we can use. I haven't decided what to bring. My grandson is my partner this year and I think my son-in-law will be driving the boat for me so my daughter and the rest of the grandkids might join us, i will let you know for sure how many.
[signature]
If you went to [url "http://www.utahfishingevents.com/willard_bay_wiper_banquet.htm"]http://www.utahfishingevents.com/willard_bay_wiper_banquet.htm[/url]
It states:
[font "Verdana"][size 2][/size][/font]
[font "Verdana"][size 2]"We will not be serving fish this year. We know that the fish fry was a great success with many people enjoying the fresh fried fish but logistically speaking, the time it would take to clean, prepare, and cook enough fish for the anticipated group size is almost impossible. Besides, if it is one of those days on Willard when you can buy a bite or catch a fish, We would all go hungry. It was decide to go with a sure thing and serve burgers, brats, and dogs."[/size][/font]

Also as a friendly reminder to everyone [font "Verdana"][size 2]Tournament Rules[/size][/font] [li][size 2] [/size][font "Verdana"][size 2]Teams can have others in their boat if it is so desired. If you wish to bring your family, significant other, or friends that is fine but only the tournament team members can fish and handle any and all fishing equipment. No help of any kind can be extended by any non-participating observer(s) except to operate the boat. No more than 4 rods may be fished from a boat that is entered in the competition even though there are more legal fishing license holders in the boat.[/size][/font] [/li]

I did not want "any others" in the boat because of complants about members breaking this rule last year. Anyone breaking this rule will be disqualified.
[signature]
Thanks Mike.

I don't think it is a good idea to allow people to bring a spouse and significant other. LOL
It could cause problems[pirate] Ha Ha

What time will you be out at willard tomorrow. I think i will be there around 8:30 to 9:00 I told quantum1man that i would take him out.
[signature]
You are such a fish hugger Mike....I swear I will not kill any more fish than I have too. You know some one had to kill that cow, that chicken and that pig...and just because it wasnt living under water dosent make it any different than the life of a fishy....? I was gonna bring rice...lots and lots of rice..now I dont know, maybe ketchup?[unsure]
[signature]
Rich, count me in for four. Also, I will help grill and mrs oej would like to enter a salad and side into the iron chef contest.
[signature]
[Wink] Rich,

I can bring a large table, I can bring my 3 burner camp chef and a large pot to do probably all the brawts in and then transfer over to the grill to brown them. I will help with the cooking. I can bbq for large groups. I do it each year for the DU banquet at Bear lake. I am entered to fish, So as soon as fish1on and I are done fishing and come in, I will put on the chefs apron and get after it. Glad to help. I will figure something to bring for the potluck

RILEY
[signature]
SkippyTheLurker is making me work all day tomorrow while he fishes, he's a slave driver. I guess I will be there around4:30pm[Sad].
[signature]
my wife and I will be there. I have a camp chef with a double griddle and a single grill. she hasn't decided what to enter yet, desisions desisions.
[signature]
I can bring a side dish to share.. Not competition worthy but eadible..LOL
[signature]
count in 3 others beside my self, also i can bring a couple of side dishes ect, also have a couple of folding tables that may be used, wife and kids volunteered to help set up and what ever they can help with,,,,
[signature]
OOoh so sorrry Mike...I just got an email on the projector screen and Marshall will be their tomorrow, to remove the old one at 4:00...I really need you their to assist him in procuring the room and removing the screen....

Thanks for your help bro, Ill put in a good word for you at evaluation time!!!.

Skipper!

PS. it dosent get dark untill 8:15ish, Ill call you with reports..
[signature]
Howdy, Timmit , Hoodlum and wifes will be there , let me know what your short on or need and we will help out.
Timmit
[signature]
[font "Arial Black"][red][size 3] Hey BLM and MGB, I can bring a 3x6 folding table for our Dining pleasure. If you can use another? Just say the word.[/size][/red][/font]
[font "Arial Black"][#ff0000][size 3][/size][/#ff0000][/font]
[font "Arial Black"][#ff0000][size 3]AFDan52[/size][/#ff0000][/font]
[signature]
Dan, we will need quite a few tables and chairs, I think you should bring it.

Skip its a good thing I will not be working for you on May 19th and the 20th and if by any chance I am, I put my 4 week notice in. I QUIT!
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2][#002850] Rich and Mike,

I will be there with me and 3 other family members (total 4).

Since I know that I won't be winning the fishing contest, I plan to enter my famous "Coot's Western Calico Dutch Oven Beans" and a Dutch oven fruit crisp in the side-dish tournament.

I will also bring a 3x6 table and chairs.
[/#002850][/font] [/size]
[signature]
Fair enough Mike!!![cool]

Just so long as your pre fish is kept down to two days aweek...I think we, as tournement entries will be on a much more level playing field..except for the fact that crankem has now joined the tournement...I wonder who he works for???

SKipper
[signature]