Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lincoln Beach 4/20/06
[cool][#0000ff]Doesn't look like great potential for carp shooting in the next couple of days. That last hurricane and arctic blast really muddied the lake and dropped the temp. I saw several carp jump today, but no rafts of carp on the surface and no shoreline thrashing.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Launched off the orchard area about 7 AM and tried to find some walleyes or white bass in the murky water. It was somewhere between milk and chocolate. Water temp at launch was 51...way down from the 60 degree afternoon temps of a few days ago. That makes a big difference to all species.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Worked from 3' to 12' deep. Saw scattered fish on sonar, both near the bottom and suspended. All of them had their little mouths closed. Had a couple of light white bass whacks and one major chomp that bit off my 4" plastic just behind the hook.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Talked to a guy in a boat that hit the water at daybreak and fished the ledges out off the far end of the orchard. He said they had been doing well for white bass and walleye before the last storms but nobody scored anything this morning.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]TubeBabe and I relocated about 10:30 to try to pick up a couple of cats for dinner. Fished the flats between the south jetty of the boat channel and the reeds. I got my couple of channels...about 3# each...and a bullhead (mudder). TubeBabe broke a two trip skunk with a single mudder.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Very light breezes most of the day. Lovely. Hardly knew how to handle nice weather.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]There were a couple of carloads of kids fishing off the jetty and just before we left they started whooping and hollering. They were talking about catfish but I suspect they were into the mudcats. Great fish for kids.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]My two channels today came from about 5 feet of water, right on either side of noon o'clock. I got a channel, TubeBabe got her mud cat and then I got my second channel, all within about 15 minutes. My mudcat came about an hour later. That was it.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]One channel slurped a big crawler. The other tapdanced with a large whole minnow for several minutes before I finally stuck him. My mud cat took another whole minnow and TubeBabe's took a minnow head.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Another good warm day tomorrow and the water temps will be getting back into the 60 range. If the next storm (Sunday/Monday) is not too strong, the carp will be active by the carpathon next Saturday, the 29th.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]I got pictures but have not downloaded them yet. Who wants to see another picture of ugly catfish anyway?[/#0000ff]
[signature]
doesn't look encouraging for sat eve. Mud and runoff will probably only get worse. How do you think Saratoga springs will be this weekend?
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]I haven't tried SS yet, but have heard that it can be good. That's true of just about anywhere on the lake.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]I think the fishing will be good Friday and part of the day Saturday, until the forecast wind starts to blow.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Actually, the wind doesn't blow in Utah. It sucks.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
Nice wind joke there tube dude, and even better report. Thanks for the advice. By the way, I have been meening to ask you if you happened to be fishing down at Yuba back in--I believe it was November. I may have seen you!
[signature]
[cool]I wanna see it, I wanna see the pics of the kitties!! Since the wife's about ready to pop any day soon, I have to live vicariously through you people at the moment...
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Mighta coulda. We had several good trips down there for the big bows.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Here is a pic taken 11/18/05[/#0000ff]
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Enough with the whining and heavy breathing. Leave that for the delivery room. [/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Good luck. Here are 3 pics for ya.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
SHHHHH!!! Don't be angering the tube gods talking about wind and bad juju like that.[mad][sly] We actually won't be arriving there till sat. evening. We plan on fishing well into the night and then crashing out for a while and hitting it again at sunrise. Hope the weather man is wrong. Your welcome to come educate us on kitty catchin if your in the area.
[signature]
Glad you made it out and caught a few. Between family and work commitments, it has been imposssible for me to fish, maybe next weekend. Also wanted to say thanks to Digger Dan for the info on central Utah, just need the time (or make time) to get busy with the boat.
I have been living at lincoln all week and this afternoon there were a ton of carp by the south dike.They were all stacked by the edges in the reeds.Have seen a ton of mudcats caught and a couple of nice channels by some old timers i think they are locals though.Have not caught or heard of anyone catching any whities or crappies.Seems they show up first in abundance then i start catching the eyes and cats.It has been great weather there the last 2 days though .Any day now if the weather stays this way lincoln is going to be on fire.[Wink]
[signature]
Can you give me directions to Lincoln Beach from Springville? I want to try out my bowfishing skills tonight.

thanks,

Steve
[signature]
Dude, seems like in that pic "Perfect Storm", the water looks like it has a red tide going on. [cool] Now I'm sure thats not the case... .thats a saltwater thing right? But its hard to believe the water's that murky.... thats worse than I think I've ever seen it.... maybe I'm just fishing away from inlets so I don't run into that. Thats probably why your cats are the only thing up for a tug or two.... the water's too murky for anything else. Looks like a gorgeous day on the water anyway though.... almost a Charlie and the Chocolate Factory situation.
[signature]
On the walmart exit go west towards the lake then stay on as it winds a couple of times.Then you will be looking for the 4 way stop .Taylors cabinets will be there on the corner then make a right then go towards the mountain and the road will make you turn right then a sign with lincoln beach will be there.Then make a left and keep going straight then follow the road to the lake.Its easier than what i explained trust me.
[signature]