Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lees Ferry Trip
My wife and myself have a annual trip to Lees Ferry in Febuary, I haven't been this year (going in 2weeks) nor have talked to anyone that has. So my question is has anyone been there in the last month or so and if so what is your rod avgerage and what size of fish ya catching?

For those who remember the 80's there wasn't it a blast hooking into those huge trout. The only reason my wife and I still go is out of tradition plus you can't beat the scenery, anyway last I heard the fish are still only in the 15" to 20" range so was curious if anyone has been there lately.

Thanks in advance for your info Paul
[signature]
[size 2]Lee's Ferry is going through tough times lately. The fish are small and the fishing is slow. If it were me I'd be fishing the other side of the dam, though the best striper action this winter seems to be uplake. Let us know how you do.[/size]
This fool computer I'm on won't let me log in, but here's a report from the other side of the Lake...in Arizona. We have a lot of fly floggers down here that make regular pilgrimages to Lee's Ferry. This was updated 1/28/03

LEES FERRY – According to Lees Ferry Anglers, rainbow trout are moving into spawning areas and large fish are being caught. Scuds have been the winning ticket for the majority of anglers. San Juan worms are also on the menu. Unbelievables with a scud dropper are hot in the morning before and during the rise of the water. As the water stabilizes, switch to a nymphing rig and concentrate on deeper water. Use plenty of weight and be sure your flies are bumping the bottom every third cast. Drift fishing during this part of the day is also effective. According to the Bureau of Reclamation, experimental releases from Glen Canyon Dam began on Jan. 1. Daily high fluctuating releases from Glen Canyon Dam will be implemented from January through March 2003 to reduce spawning and recruitment of non-native fish. Releases range between a high of 20,000 cubic feet per second (cfs) to a low of 5,000 cfs each day.