Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
One More Willard Report
Just got back from fishing Willard Bay. We wasted about 3 hrs. trolling slow for walleyes. I got bored going so slow (.6-.8 mph). We sped up to 2 mph to try for some wiper and ended up catching 2 walleye and 2 wiper. We were over by the feedlot and around the corner to the north of the feedlot.
[signature]
At least you found some willing fish! I hope tomorrow is better.
[signature]
[font "Times New Roman"][#ff4040][size 3]Do you mind sharing with us what you were using when you caught the fish? Did the eyes have any size to them? [/size][/#ff4040][/font]
[font "Times New Roman"][#ff4040][size 3][/size][/#ff4040][/font]
[font "Times New Roman"][#ff4040][size 3]Oh yeah welcome to BFT Utah.[/size][/#ff4040][/font]
[signature]
I have a huge tacklebox full of everything and all I can catch a fish on at Willard are the Producers. I tried bottombuncers, Rapalas, spinners and curly-tails. My Producers are all beat-up, hooks replaced because of Wiper abuse.I thought walleyes only hit slow-trolled lures, but every walleye that we have ever caught was while trolling for wipers. Good luck to all going out today (Sat.). We are going back out this afternoon.
[signature]
I catch more walleye trolling for wipers than I do slow trolling or fishing for them with jigs or bottom bouncers. Wiperslayer and I were also out there yesterday morning and afternoon. We were only able to pick up two wipers but it was great to get into some wiper action, our first for the year. Talked to Old_Coot for a while and ran into Smokercraft right before we left at 5pm. How did you guys do? Water temp is still cool to the touch, as Petty would say[Wink]. The guys fishing from shore were doing the best, with several people walking away with limits. I don't want to post that info on this public forum but if anyone is interested send me a PM. It was a great day on the water, hope the catching starts improving soon. WH2
[signature]
WH2,

I think I saw you and slayer out by the north side Friday. That is a nice boat you were fishing out of. I was on the bank and left w/ a limit. They were delicious, very healthy fish with some nice filets!
[signature]

Were you fishing with a couple of other guys right by the outlet? That was the slayers boat.
[signature]
Yeah we were pretty bunched up there. From what I here the bite has slowed down there quite a bit. That sure is a good looking fishing boat!
[signature]