Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard This morning 4-22-06
[font "Arial Black"][red][size 3] Not much to report on Willard bay today, wwent out this morning with my son. Launched from the South marina about 7:30am lots of boats on the water already, started trolling from the bouys heading east past the feedlot and over to the highway. Nothing. [/size][/red][/font]
[font "Arial Black"][#ff0000][size 3] Marked a lot up close to the rocks, but no takers. We tried everytrhing we could think of to no avail. About 2:30pm we decided to call it quits for the day and went back in, What a nightmare that was . Lots of folks with great Big Boats that they don't know how to control or operate. Oh well I did managfe to get my boat out of the water with no damage. Don't know how.[/size][/#ff0000][/font]
[font "Arial Black"][#ff0000][size 3] Anyway Ran into Old_Coot as he was launching hope that he has better luck . Oh, BTW the water temp was 54-56 degrees and the water was perfect we trolled at 1.5-3.0 mph [/size][/#ff0000][/font]
[font "Arial Black"][#ff0000][size 3][/size][/#ff0000][/font]
[font "Arial Black"][#ff0000][size 3]AFDan52[/size][/#ff0000][/font]
[signature]
We had the same luck. We launched at around 0645, and there weren't many boats on the water. We trolled north past the feed lot, then over by the outlet, then down the northwest dike, and then across the bay back to the south marina. We left at about 1130 without one single hit! Tried 1.2-3.0 MPH with lots of different lures. Oh well, it was a beautiful morning on the water. I did see one boat land a fish, perhaps it was SocttieB? Saw MGB out there, hollered out on the radio, but didn't get any reply. I hope they did better. Saw one more BFT stickered boat launching as we were loading, but I didn't get to talk to them. There was a yellow toon launching as well, but I didn't recognize the face. Thought it was Cromaine for a moment, but I don't think so now. Oh well.
[signature]
You can just try and treat the idiots as entertainment,but stay clear of them.Watched a some guys try to load their boat sideways at the North marina,almost run into another boat,pull out with the drive down.ETC.I walked over after they pulled out with the drive down and noticed that the skeg was missing.I thought that they had torn it off then,but it must have been from a previous mishap.
I stayed well out in the harbor until they were loaded[Wink]
[signature]
I was out there and same with bigbuck...I caught zero he boated 5 wipers....all very nice... Just luck. but it was a lot of luck. plus he was very boastfull..not to pleasent to be around..When we left at 4 MGB was up bye the south east corner..he had 5 or 6 at 330..not sure how long he stayed..I got there at 1030 saw the guy with the yeller toon..so It was probly the sweet toe you seen!!!
[signature]
i beg to differ on that luck crap thre skiiper it was alot of hard work,and fishing where the fish were,them fish are alot like deer and elk there where ya find em.[Wink]
[signature]
[font "Arial Black"][red][size 3] It's really strange because I was using Producers in White with Black back and Blue back. I couldn't buy a bite. I don't know what else I could have done, just bad luck today for me.[/size][/red][/font]
[font "Arial Black"][#ff0000][size 3] Like everyone has said before , it was still a beautiful day on the water anyway. Finally broke that bad case of cabin fever.[/size][/#ff0000][/font]
[signature]
Fished Willard with FishingPro40. He hoooked into a walleye with in the first half hour an hour later it was my turn to catch a walleye. An hour later we both hooked into a wiper about 15 minutes apart. It took alittle moving around but I managed to hook up with another wiper and walleye, didn't catch anything after 2:30 we stayed untill 5:00. The walleyes where 17"-19" and chubby, two of the wipers where 18"-19" and another was 14". We will be back tomorrow morning.
[signature]
Hey Dan, MGB and I launched out of the South marina about 7:00 this morning, we did a little better 3 wipers and 3 eyes. I caught 1 wiper on the white Producer with the black back. we did mark alot of fish but they were very tight lipped.
[signature]
[font "Arial Black"][red][size 3] Funny that I didn't see you out there, I think that I was the only one on the water that was flying my BFT Flag. We spent most of the day on the West end going north and South by the lightpole.[/size][/red][/font]
[signature]
Hey Dan , all my fish were caught going 2.5 to 2.8 MPH But it was lock jaw on most fish I was around . I dangled a worm for a spell and had a fish come up to it but no take .
[signature]
Sounds like the catching is still hit and miss but I'm glad to hears you guys got into a few today. Hey Mike, you still using that same lucky lure from last year?
[signature]
ME AND A COUPLE OF FRIENDS WENT OUT AND FISHED FROM THE SHORE ON THE NORTH SIDE FROM NOON TO 5:00 PM AND DIDNT GET A THING. DIDNT SEE MANY COMING OUT EITHER.
[signature]
who makes the producer, i keep seeing you talk about it but not sure who makes it.
[signature]
My go to lures that worked last year at this time are not working too well this year.

SmokerCraft, you have me mixed up with someone else I very seldom use producers. Fishingpro had a hook up yesterday an one. Not sure who makes them but Hooked Fishing Tackle has them at his store.
[signature]
I tried several different Producer lures last week while fishing Willard with Petty4life without any hits. He told me that the company that made Producers went out of business and won't be available now. He says there is a close imitation from Blaze, if I remember the name right. Acey
[signature]