Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard this eveing 4-22-06
Met up with Maniac at the North marina at around 5:30 p.m. We first went and tried the outlet by the north marina and got a couple of bites but no fish. We then went and fished the north side for and hour or so with no fish and no sign of fish on the graph. We finally went out on the West side and with a little looking we finally found the fish. We ended up catching 17 Wipers and one Walleye. It was the best day this year for me. I finally got the skunk off this year. We caught almost all our fish on a 3" Maniac minnow in the Chartreuse/ Holographic with a 1/8 jig head. We found it was an ultra slow retreve casting at the rocks. I'm really surprised we only caught one Walleye though. But it was a great night heck I even caught a couple on my Fly rod with a white zonker.
But I have to say it sure is nice going fishing with maniac hes good company and he supplies the lures. I'll post some pics later.
[signature]
Is this so called Maniac you fished with the one who makes the Maniac jigs? If you can will you post some pictures of the Maniac minno you used. I've fished Willard 4 times this year with no luck and will try anything to chang that. I was at Sportsmans and seen the Maniac jigs. So if you can get some picture on so i know what to get.

Its great that the fish are starting to pick up. From the sounds of your post I cant weight to get back out to Willard.....THANKS.....
[signature]
You can get them online too . And the flavor you want and style .
[Image: 3minnowsB.jpg]
I'm not seeing the color listed as a selection but I sure you can get them . I hope he will sell chartreuse colors .
[signature]
I feel your pain I fished Willard 3 times prior and nothing. It was nice to have a great night to get the skunk off. Yes Maniac is the one that makes maniac lures. Here are some pics of some of the fish we kept and a picture of the minnow. I tell you what there's nothing like catching these spring Wipers they are just nice fat fish. One other thing we found don't be afraid to stay late.
[signature]
Those are some fatties! I'll bet the fight was quite amazing. Thanks for the info on the jigs, as always they look like a quality produce from the maniac.
[signature]
Nice catching Sketter! You got the skunk off and then some! Late evening might be the time to fish it. Early morning has produced a few for me. I fished Willard this moring (Sunday) and caught 2 wipers and 1 walleye.
[signature]
Nice catch Skeeter2
I wish I would have got on before I left this morning.
Me and my son fished the northend,outlet.
then went to the south end trolled for a bit near the channel,then down in the SE corner,with no hits.oh well it was nice to get out there and get the bugs all over me.cant wait for them little nat things.lol

Ran into BLM and Polo,and his wife.
You where in the right spot hope you caught some.

Thanks for sharing Skeeter maybe next time out I will find some.

FNF[cool]
[signature]
All I can say is that Skeeter is one awsome Wiper catching Machine!!! He was fighting fish constantly!
We do have charteuse. We were using the three inch in chartreuse/ holographic,with a 1/8oz round head. The keye was a slow steady retrieve, just fast enough to keep from ticking the rocks.
Our Web designer is currently working on a color chart for all of our new lures. We should see the color charts on the site in the next few days. The new Minnow's are now available at the Riverdale Sportsmans, Midvale Sportsmans, Anglers Den and Smith And Edwards. Good luck and good fishing!
James
[signature]
[cool]Nice report, Skeeter2, and way to hammer those wipers! I got some maniacs last fall from him that I am anxious to try out for the bass this summer up at Lake X and Mantua. That new minnow thing with the curly tail looks hot! No wonder you guys were nailing them!

Any size to that 'eye you caught?
[signature]
[font "Times New Roman"][#ff4040][size 3]Looks like you might have to crank out more of those minnows with the tourney coming up. Great report, glad to see somebody having luck out there with all of the skunked reports lately.[/size][/#ff4040][/font]
[signature]
Sounds like you guys had a great evening, how late did you stay and what color were the jig heads? Thanks for sharing the info on your new jigs, they look awesome. WH2
[signature]
Looks like to me Willard has a HOT new lure[Wink]
[signature]
We fished untill 11:00pm the wind stopped and the bite slowed down.
You can see the new color charts on the Maniac Web site, It's updated!
Good luck!
James
[signature]
Out4trout the walleye was just a small male.
Wiperhunter2 you guys are killing me I guess I'll just give you all the info. I was using an orange jig head.
[signature]
give them all the info so they can win the wipper tourney[Wink]
[signature]
I'll I got to say is your the man,Skeet.I have no doubt that wiperhunter2 can fish it right but exact location can be the key.there was 2 maybe 3 spots on the west dike that I could catch fish on casting a lure,maybe there out there again.if so it should get pretty good for me this year.and the rest of use.
And PT4L,you got to try them homeade lures out again.if you need a good boat driver.have boat will travel.

Thanks again,Skeet

fnf
[signature]
I'm game for a little competition!
[signature]
Thanks Maniac and Skeeter. One thing I'm sure you know, it is hard to make a repeat of a good fishing day like you guys had this early in the year. Maybe the catching is just turning on but it is hard for me, even with the exact info, to make a repeat like that until the water gets warm enough. You guys really kicked some wiper butt.[cool]
[signature]
im free saturday
[signature]
You are the jigging king Skeet,There is know way in he$$ I can even come close to your expertice,If I remember right last year you came in with a boat load of wipers at the tourney.and when I asked you you said you caught them on jigs.
I will pass with the compition thing. and stick with what has caught me fish in the past,but will learn how to jig fish them wipers someday.Those manic lures are great looking lures,I am sure you will kick some but at the tourney.

Petty,let me see if I can get a kitchen pass,and I will let you know.by Friday.

fnf
[signature]