Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
American Fork Harbor
[font "Times New Roman"][#ff4040][size 3]Just got back from AF at around 9. It was a pretty good day of fishing. Caught about 8 white bass and lost quite a few. They were biting pretty good on plastics. [/size][/#ff4040][/font]
[signature]
were you on boat? In the harbor? or wader out?
[signature]
[font "Times New Roman"][#ff4040][size 3]I was wading out. Was hoping to catch some walleyes, but that didn't happen. It was still fun because the whities had some good size to them.[/size][/#ff4040][/font]
[signature]
Nice, if you dont mind me asking, what pound line do you use and how much leader. Did you use a bober with the plastics or off of the bottom? I have tried plastics but im not sure if I use them right? What's the setup you used for all them white bass?
[signature]
Hey Fishdog, I might be able to help on catching them whitebass.
most guys use 3in. twistertail grub 1\8oz. leadhead jig. some times color dosen't matter, but chartruse gets alot of attention. some guys will tie 2 jigs on one line about 12in. apart, this seems to work very well, when the whitebass are bitting good you can catch 2 at the same time. 6 lb. test line is a pretty good size line for catching whitebass, and sometimes you will catch walleye around the same place as the whitebass. the way most guys fish the jig is to cast out and let it sink to the bottom. start reeling slow as soon as bottom is felt. try to keep the jig moving just above bottom some times twitching your rod tip and touching bottom sometimes is also good. hope this helps later chuck
[signature]
Nice, thanks for the tips I will try it and ill let yall know if I catch em!! This forum is GREAT!![Smile][Smile]
[signature]
[font "Times New Roman"][#ff4040][size 3]utwalleye, have you been stalking me as I'm fishing??? J/K. [/size][/#ff4040][/font]
[font "Times New Roman"][#ff4040][size 3][/size][/#ff4040][/font]
[font "Times New Roman"][#ff4040][size 3]fishdog, you can't go wrong with the recipe that utwalleye has just thrown out. I use a three -way swivel tied to the main line and then 2 leaders from there. I try to space my jigs about a foot or so. The colors that I had success on was wally world and chartreuse. I usually use 8 or 10 pound line also, just in case I hook into a walleye.[/size][/#ff4040][/font]
[signature]