Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lindon...New & Improved
[cool][#0000ff]Got away for a quick shot at Lindon this morning. Two things were different than the last time I went there. First, there was no wind. Beautiful all morning. Second, they have installed at least 4 new toilets. These are chemical tank (not flush) but much improved over the Porta-Potties they have had in the past.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Water temp inside the marina at 7 AM was 57, turning to 58 as I kicked out between the two jetties. Landed and released a white bass off the end of the dike on the way by. Thought I could probably come back and whack a few later, after hanging a couple of cats.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Threw plastics and spinners around the mouth of Battle Creek. Saw lots of fish on sonar but nothing was munching. Probably a lot of the marks were carp. As the sun came over Timpanogos, the calm water of the lake was rippled everywhere I looked by clumps of carp up smooching the surface. They only stayed up for a little while and then disappeared. They never did start thrashing and splashing in the shoreline weeds, so I guess the big frolic is still a few days away.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]I was throwing plastics and spinners and hooked several carp by accident. I could have had non-stop action if I had tried to snag them when they were on top. I brought several to the tube, performed the standard gillectomy and released them unharmed.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]I started dragging bait just before 9 AM. The water temp had warmed to over 59 in the warm morning sun. Using my two rod permit, I had one baited with a carp strip and the other with a large chub minnow. I caught three cats within about a half hour, all on minnows and then I couldn't buy another bite from catfish. Fished shallow and deep. No mas.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]The three cats I landed were all scrappy. The largest was 24" and 5.8#. The other two were 2.5 and 3 pounds. Kittie krispies.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Headed back to the mouth of the marina to pick up on the whities. Yeah, right. Zippo. Nothing in my plastics boxes lit them up.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Worked down the west side of the inside of the marina, throwing a little roadrunner. Scored a big walleye...about nine ([blue][size 1]inches[/size][/blue]). Actually, as you can see in the pic, he is 14. Smallest walleye I have caught in a long time. Spanked him and sent him back to grow a bit.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Saw lots of fish on sonar, but again, I am sure lots of them were carp. They kept bumping into my black fins as I moved slowly back toward the ramp. [/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Just as I got to the ramp I got another whack on the roadrunner and battled in a fat female white bass, full of eggs. Sent her off to find a male to make some more whities.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Off the water about noon. Water temp up to 63 at the ramp. Look out folks. The water is clearing and warming. Better times ahead.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[signature]
Thanks for all of the info. I need to get out there.
[signature]
[cool]What, no kittie pics? J/k...(sort of). Nice report, and I'm glad to hear that the water temps and fishies are starting to get more cooperative. Can't wait to get back out there soon! Good luck on your next trip. Maybe the next 'eye will be 14#'s instead of 14 inches?[Wink]
[signature]
Those carp clumps sure would be fun to blast into with some 00buck! Soon the arrows will be flyin!
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Oopsie! Meant to attach this one, but didn't. Shoulda knowed the cat pic junkies would be on my bass about it.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]I was sorry I didn't have some weapons of carp destruction today. Some of those groups of carp all but climbed into the tube with me.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Psst. Don't tell anyone but I reached out and dropped a jig right down the kisser of one of those buglemouths, just for grins. He wasn't grinnin' as he kicked in the carp afterburner. Is that perverted or what?[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Don't know if you caught the clip of the guys in Iraq or Afghanistan shooting fish with RPGs. Now, that would shred some serious carpkind.[/#0000ff]
[signature]