Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
cheatham dam .....
We put in a cheatham dam and went a mile or so downstream and then drifted for about 3 miles, letting the current do the work. Was a lot of fun. Caught a lot of stripe. My dad caught a 2-3 ft gar on a crawdad crankbait...looked like fun till he got it to the boat..i swear that thing jumped AT my dad...creepy fish if you asked me! [shocked]

I heard somewhere that gar can be good..anyone know anything about that?? I prefer not to see them at the business end of my gear! [Smile]

Oh..one other question...what is the difference between the more yellow stripe and the white ones?? Is there a difference? I know when I've been over at Cumberland City that people call them yellows or stripe. I'm just curious because i haven't not found "yellow stripe" talked about anywhere else.

We set up for some catfishing at around noon, but the W really kicked in and we decided to call it a day. [Sad]

cyas
rc
The yellow sided ones are what are in the book as yellow bass. From what I seen about them, they are pretty much native to Tennessee. They have no limit or restriction but they average size seems to be about half what I wouls consider keeping. I have caught a few that get close to the 1 pound range. I would assume they taste about the same as the white bass and most people I have seen keep them say they do. Too much work cleaning those little guys for me to bother with them.
[signature]
thanks very much carnie.

I noticed that as well. The ones over at the steam plant are rarely over 6-7 inches. One of the ones i caught below Cheatham was over a lb, possibly pushing 2 lbs but it had yellowish sides and after it perished on ice it turned more yellow, especially the eyes. It still was not as yellow as those fish at the steam plant.

cyas
rc