Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
willard 4/29/06
Fished willard from the rocks on the south east side with my wife, daughter, brother, brother-in-law, friend, and his 2 kids. Had 1 bite all nite 5:00 to 9:00. I did catch a great big rock with a $6 rapalla it got a away even though I tried swimming for it.[laugh]
[signature]
Sounds like a tough evening at the bay, hopefully the catching will improve soon. Did you notice if anyone else was having any luck? WH2
[signature]
Nobody from shore had any luck. A couple of times we could here some hootin & hollarin from this one boat but could never see them bring anything to the boat.
[signature]
I went out last night as well. Marked a lot of fish, but had a hard time getting them to bite on the trolling gear.
I spent the last two hours of daylight throwing Maniac Minnows and picked up four Wipers. Had a lot of strikes, but the fish don't seem to be hungry. The catching should improve greatly in the next couple of weeks, if the weather stays warm and stable.
[signature]
We were over by the freeway trolling on the east side Sat.evening. My son caught a big carp that he got a little excited about. The hootin' may have come from him. That is the first carp that we have ever caught while trolling. We ended up with 5 wipers and one carp. All fish were released.
[signature]
Sounds like you had a good night. And I am so glad to here someone is letting the wipers grow for another day. Hope you kept the carp though I here some people consider them a delicacie[laugh]
[signature]
Not a bad day on the water for you and your boys.

Willard is still tough fishing between Saturday and Sunday I have spent 12 hours on the water with 4 fish boated, 2 walleyes and 2 wipers. The surface temp has droped a couple degrees since yesterday. Here is a pic of a 19" wiper FishingPro caught today.
[signature]
I ended up catching one planer board size wiper right after we talked . [Tongue] Slow day for me , and others I talk to . Park Ranger said he seen 10 wipers early in the morning from one boat , but said most reports of little success . Past my boat inspection today after getting off the water . Did he check you out ? I'll tell him to watch for you . [cool]
[signature]
Interesting user name Kevin, I'm glad to see you finally signed up. Nice report also, sounds like you found some willing wipers. Did you notice what the water temp was up to?
[signature]
Curt , the warmest I seen today was 60.6 degrees .
[signature]
I finally have a marine radio installed on my boat and I did hear someone call out for any BFT people . I did try to answer but never had a reply back so I'm not sure if anyone heard me . I better read the directions so I know how to use it now . Might be my cheapo antenna , but I could hear several people calling on 16 for others most of the day .
[signature]
I didn't get checked never even seen the ranger. I should pass, I hope[unsure].

Where is the other half to that wiper? You aren't going to count that are you?
[signature]
I need to check on prices for one for my boat, how much do you have tied up in your radio and antenna?
[signature]
Hey,Hellsangler
That was probably me on the radio,I did not hear any response so I turned my radio off after about 30 sec.I have a handheld.You may have heard me calling out for the boomarang,(BLM's Boat).I thought him and petty was going to be out there.After a while I called out for any BFT member on 16.

I need to get one I can mount in the boat,then I can listen to the static all day too.
[signature]
Hey WH2, I use my marine radio quite a bit on Willard and Flaming Gorge. My brother has one on his boat so that makes it nice to communicate. Also you can get weather reports and it is nice if you need it in an emergency.
[signature]
$120.00 plus shipping
[Image: p030553hz02.jpg]
[signature]
I was out on willard sat and it was slow for me as well, but those wipers are schooling because I went for hours without a bite then double hooked up twice really quick. then nothing for another hour, find the schools catch fish!
So are we using gmrs radios on 16 or vhf marine radios on 16 or both? I called out on the gmrs and didn't get an answer, approx 930 am.
[signature]
I was there sunday and it was about 4:30pm when I heard someone call . I only had my marine radio VHF and 16 is the channel to listen to first . I forgot my GMRS or I would of had it on too . I can't remember what channel everyone is using now on GMRS , but I have converted to VHF now .
[signature]
Thanks Randy, that looks like a good deal, is that the antenna you got?
[signature]
Why yes it is Curt . My first shipment came with a damaged carton and I ended up missing parts to the antenna . Way To Go Brown (UPS)!! But I emailed Cabelas about what happen to my shipment and they 2nd day shipped another one to me . Free of charge . Another happy Cabelas customer report .[Wink]
[signature]