Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard 4/30
Ironworker and me fished Willard today,930AM until about 6PM.Cast plastics and trolled all over the lake,changed from lipless to lipped lures and picked up one 19" wiper at the Southeast corner in 17-18' of water.Nice day on the water with a great fishing partner
[signature]
it was a great day on the lake. the only thing i caught was alot of sunshine. this was my first time fishing for wipers. learned alot from mike. learned alot about trolling for wipers. the water temp was 60.
[signature]
Fishing with Fishcrazy is a lot of fun. I'm glad you got the opporunity to pick his brain too - he has some good knowledge to share and does it readily. Don't worry about not getting anything on your first outing for wipers, those darn fish can be kind of unpredictable at times.
[signature]
Thanks for posting your report Mike, the catching sure has been tough for most of us this year. We need the catching to improves soon or it will be a tough wiper tournament [Wink]
[signature]
Nice fish Mike . I think I might of seen you and your boat . I was there from 8:30am to 5:30 PM sunday and I caught my wiper in the same area just before packed it up . Right when the wind dies down I had to go . Go figure .
[signature]
On the water Sunday from 9:00 to 6:00. After an hour of trolling my wife got a decent wiper on her new rod and reel. Needless to say the drag needed a little adjustment because we didn't know there was a fish on until the entire spool was empty. Using a silver/gold holographic rattlin rap. Marked several fish no other hits. Went to the south rocks from the point to west of the feedlot in the afternoon and anchored. If the wipers aren't biting the cats are always there. We dangle a worm 3-4 feet deep from 2 to five feet from the waters edge and have never been skunked by kitties. One pound to 2.5 pound range. Got 9 cats total. Beats trolling for water. Do channel cat normally have a more brown color in the spring and then get lighter in the summer? Hadn't seen this shade at Willard before but they were definitly channel cat.
[signature]
I was in a Basstracker boat,what color was your boat?
[signature]
My boat is a cream and brown in color 16' Crestliner Fishhawk [font "Verdana,Arial,Helvetica"][black][size 2]aluminum[/size][/black][/font] bass style boat with 3 motors on it .
[signature]
Yeah,I saw you down in the Southeast corner,we were throwing plastics,then trolled out of there and caught our only wiper on a Rapala shad rap
[signature]